• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Something I stumbled upon during my boring holiday work hours. Just because we have sooo many "Super Hero's", doesn't mean we should relax our self defense training.

Wow...

World Superhero Registry

I know I feel safer knowing I own and use a XD9. But good luck to all those Super crime fighters. :):

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Hey, there is one active superhero in Indianapolis, one retired, and one in Goshen..

Nobody up here around Lafayette, though.. guess we'll have to fend for ourselves!!

exar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That could just as easily be a registry for the mentally ill.:n00b: It's hard to believe none of these people have been seriously hurt yet. I can't imagine a bunch of drunk bangers chillin' on the street corner wouldn't hand these guy's their ass if they started something or maybe just cause they're dressed like that.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    RustRing1.jpg

Had to Do it. :laugh:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    You all are forgetting ME! Vern-man!

His amazing powers include:
    The Vern-mobile (08 Sonata)
    Vern-gas (a bunch of household chemicals mixed together and capped off really quick)
    Vern-man-crime-computer (news paper clipping on board in garage with recent crimes)
    Vern-ray (a .38, LRN for stun, JHP for kill)
    Vern-man-utility-belt (sidebag full of injuring or dangerous crap)
    Vern-man-stun-stick (lead pipe or baseball bat, whatever is handy).
    Vern-man-stun-gloves (battery heated gloves attached to a backpacked car battery, not effective on criminals, but they have to get away sometimes to allow the comic reader perspective of their potential evil)
    An much much more in his arsenal of crime fighting (and causing).

Most heros beat up the criminal, they end up in jail. Vern-man's victims (yes, victims) end up either dead or in traction for 2 weeks. The only hero that stops a bank robbery one week, then is mugging your mother the next! :)

By Day, mild mannered product manager, salesman and debonair playboy. At night, he dons the mask of Vern-man! :D:D:D

Vern-man, AWAY!

On a side note: Would it not be dreamy to have a nemesis? Their hands wringing in concern over your every move. I had a nemesis once, but my ex moved to Michigan...:D Therefore, I am posting an official need for a nemesis, someone that can REALLY get into it. Someone that can express boundless rage towards me for even the smallest slight. Must be able to travel and paid relocation.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Several years ago I started a webcomic on the theme of what it would take for someone to become a "real" superhero (or perhaps "costumed crimefighter" would be a better term since part of the theme was no superpowers. nothing, in fact, that wasn't possible in the real world).

One of the harder things to do was come up with a rationale for someone to do this that doesn't make him a complete loon. The motivation, after all, could not be simply a desire to fight crime or to save lives since there are plenty of "legitimate" (and probably more effective) methods of doing so. That desire had to be accompanied by very strong reasons not to simply become a police officer, prosecuting attorney (crime fighting side) or doctor, firefighter, emt (life saving side).

Unfortunately, I never got very far into it before "life" got in the way and I just didn't have the time to keep up with it.

If anyone's interested, you can find it at Cold Servings - Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I used to do something like that. I walked around with friends and called it a neighborhood watch. We had radios and cell phones. We had no masks.

I believe that, if I were approached by any of those folks on a day that wasn't Oct 31st, I would draw my pistol.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Look at Mr. Silent at the bottom of the web page!:D

Mr Silent patrols the streets of indianapolis.

"I roam the streets of the city looking for those in distress or danger and I do my best to help them. If those in need of help are being mugged or hurt in anyway, then you can be assured that I will do something about it. One may ask, how I can call myself a superhero when I can't fly or run at mach 3. The answer is simple. I am idealistically super. I see what, in my opinion, needs changed in society and I work towards that goal. I can't say if I will ever fight an army of giant robots or a criminal master mind, I just don't know. What I do know, however, is that I will fight injustice in whatever form it takes."*

Where was this guy when I needed him in Broad Ripple?

Nobody up here around Lafayette, though.. guess we'll have to fend for ourselves!!

We do have the Lafayette Police Department. Their superpowers involve sleeping and pulling over Mexican kids.:D

How about the West Lafayette Police Department with their superpower of making the newspaper.:D

Top Bottom