• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Next Tuesday I have a test for a potential job at the Subaru plant in Lafayette. The test is at the WorkOne facility off of 26. I'm just double checking to make sure it is ok to carry there.

3gunshooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Williamsport
    I don't know about the Lafayette one but Kokomo and Plymouth both have no gun signs and armed guards. That was in Feb. The last time I was at one. If you decide to keep it covered up that's what I did.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Both Ft. Wayne and Auburn Work-One centers have a no gun sigh and armed guards. I do not know if it is illegal to carry or just there policy. It is a state run agency.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I think there's another thread with this same topic somewhere in the vast resources of INGO but I can't find it.

I work near the work one office on the east side of Indy which has a drug test lab and probation offices in the same building. I wouldn't go there unarmed but I don't know for sure if it's legal or not. Some of the people that get the "opportunity" to go to those offices are something else.

Last edited:

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I got cornered by 2 YES TWO BOTH DUELING DUH DOS 2 of the Work One Gestapo gonads. Nope not for my pistol I left it in the truck. Manfred Von Beotch spied the picket clip on my Cold Steel Voyager as I was on the way out. I was told my keys hid the pocket clip. I explained to Manfred that it wasn't a knife it was a tool ( not unlike him ) hung my head in shame and gimped with cane in hand back to the truck.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    It is not illegal to carry into a Work One office. It is against policy. 35-47-11.1 only applies to local restrictions. Because the Dept. of Workforce Development is a state agency, they're not covered by 11.1. They can, and will, ask you to leave if found. The guards are not police, they are hired security and have no arrest or law enforcement powers. They are there to provide someone to shoot back if someone starts shooting first. They are only covered by the IC for self defense/defense of others just like ordinary citizens.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They have no right under 35-47 to restrict carry.

Unless someone can show a law against carrying in a state office then there is no law.

I tried for almost a year to find a job through Gary work one, do you really think that I went there unarmed?

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I contacted my State Senator regarding the sign @ a location in Indy & was told that they could post & prohibit since they were a sort-of-combo state-private company. I carry anyway. Being poor & unemployed does not make ones life worth any less worth protecting. They have taken & held my knife on an occasion or 2, as well (but not my gun :) ).

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    It is not illegal to carry into a Work One office. It is against policy. 35-47-11.1 only applies to local restrictions. Because the Dept. of Workforce Development is a state agency, they're not covered by 11.1. They can, and will, ask you to leave if found. The guards are not police, they are hired security and have no arrest or law enforcement powers. They are there to provide someone to shoot back if someone starts shooting first. They are only covered by the IC for self defense/defense of others just like ordinary citizens.

DWD is a state agency, but from my understanding WorkOne is a private company that is contracted by the state to handle some of their duties. Since they are a private company and the buildings/property are owned/rented by them they can make their own rules.

I contacted my State Senator regarding the sign @ a location in Indy & was told that they could post & prohibit since they were a sort-of-combo state-private company..

Yep, see above.

Top Bottom