• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • simpleman44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    white county
    hello folks, newbie here. been a long time lurker decided to finally register. This is a great site, have learned tons of great info here thanks. Have a question for anybody who might know. My buddy is looking at 147gr grain wolf gold ammo in hp for his 9mm and wanted to know if it worth buying and shooting. I told him the wolf fmj is very dirty but know about the hp. THanks in advance. And again this is a great site.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Tell your buddy that ammo turns money into skill. So, even wolf is worth the purchase to learn firearm and gain skill with it.

There are some name brands that are just as dirty. CCI .22lr is this way.

If the per-cent rounds cost is low, buy it. Time with the gun is what you want. When you have time in, then you go Federal Hydrashok's.

Tell him to clean a little more thoroughly if he feels he needs too. I've put 500s of russian ammo in my M1a Scout and haven't touched it since.

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    If you need target ammo I would recommend Winchester white box or blazer brass it's cheap and good ammo to practice with. Every ammo is going to be dirty, I don't worry about it as I clean my gun after every shooting trip.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My buddy is looking at 147gr grain wolf gold ammo in hp for his 9mm

I've put 500s of russian ammo in my M1a Scout and haven't touched it since.

I have a Glock 26 that had some issues with wolf

I used some wolf ammo and it was like shooting my black powder after I got done.

Reading is fundamental, guys. ;) The OP is asking about Wolf Gold, which is the brass cased, Boxer primed (reloadable) stuff loaded by Prvi Partizan in Serbia. It's good stuff, and does not have much in common with the steel cased Russian ammo that is sold under the Wolf "Polyformance" (i.e. black box) and "Military Classic" brands.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    No experience with the gold, but thousands of rounds of the steel case in .233. Two AR-15s, a AR-180 and a Mini-14. Had a couple FTF is all I can remember.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've shot quite a bit of Wolf Gold ammo. It is not bad. It is also not target grade ammo. Its good for practice ammo, it is reloadable, it is also fairly inconsistent in accuracy and velocity. But for practice ammo, good to go.

paburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Fort Branch,IN
    We sel alot of Wolf ammo either flavor. Since we live in a small town, we usually get feed back if something is not up to par. Have not heard any complaints.

Top Bottom