With what is coming down... does an individual need to look hard at this option?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Totally legal in Indiana, you can make up to 10 - anything more requires an 07 FFL (IIRC). Perhaps I just spoke to soon, I didn't watch but a few seconds of the vid, however, I know in IN you can make your own unserialized weapon.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    When I googled about this I came across a few articles about the BATF being unhappy about this, and possibly changing the definition of "firearm" to include the upper. If you're interested it might be a good idea to get the parts before the administration does whatever it plans to do.

Having said that, every site that I have looked at is out of stock. Big surprise.

llamant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Is this similar to what the AK guys have been doing for a while? (Milling instead of bending a receiver and assembling a parts kit).

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    i wonder if this will be a part of the "new Ban"

If the new ban banned the manufacture of AR's and AK's etc, then this would become illegal as you must abide by all state and local laws, such as someone under the age of 18 couldn't build a rifle this way legally, as they cannot own a rifle legally under 18 unless gifted to them.

Top Bottom