• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The consumers of Duke Energy lost. If you're on Duke power service, you'll be chipping in on that $29MM bill over the next 12 months. Congratulations!

This.

Which, of course, means that Duke has to pay more for the wind power than they could get electricity for elsewhere.

But hey, FREE POWER!

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Well, Germany has a wind farm problem. Gee, I guess nobody could see this coming...because green! And we're saving the planet! Global schmarming! Carbon offsets! :bs:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm happy to not be on Duke.

That said, REMC has planted solar panel farms in a whole lot of locations. Oddly, my bill doesn't seem to reflect these savings. :rolleyes:

We were talking about the one Orange County REMC (my provider) installed a year or so ago, just south of Mitchell. As far as I can tell, there's no way to check the status of this installation on-line. You'd think, if these things were the boon they were made out to be, with the internet of things, there'd be a web site customers could access to monitor the energy production of these sites.

(Assuming they're actually still on the grid).

nwihiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2018
    Lake County
    Wow, learned a lot more about wind farms than I ever wanted to know in this thread. Really hope they stop making these eyesores at the expense of the public. Good luck ryanbr, I hope you keep them out of Cass county

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I think windmills are pretty.

AWecx3z.png

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    Wow, learned a lot more about wind farms than I ever wanted to know in this thread. Really hope they stop making these eyesores at the expense of the public. Good luck ryanbr, I hope you keep them out of Cass county
    the contracts are back for the current Commissioners to see, never saw such a one sided contract before. They will be signed I'm sure. I did win the primary for County Commissioner, afraid I will be one to hold them accountable. Still praying for the fighter squadron training grounds to win out and shut it down.

nwihiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2018
    Lake County
    the contracts are back for the current Commissioners to see, never saw such a one sided contract before. They will be signed I'm sure. I did win the primary for County Commissioner, afraid I will be one to hold them accountable. Still praying for the fighter squadron training grounds to win out and shut it down.
    Congratulations on the primary win. I hope you get an opportunity to stand up to the wind farm people and shut them down.

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    You might want to track down someone in leadership in Warren county. They had a similar situation, and best of my knowledge, it was defeated by citizens speaking out at the ballot box.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    That happened in May, I won primary for commissioner and another fella won for County council too. Contracts may be signed before we can get in office tho.

You might want to track down someone in leadership in Warren county. They had a similar situation, and best of my knowledge, it was defeated by citizens speaking out at the ballot box.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think wind farms are fine . . . as long as the owner(s) actually pay for the construction, operation, maintenance, costs for their mistakes, costs for their failures to generate, and decommissioning without taxpayers footing the bill or utility customers being bilked for the costs associated with failures.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I think wind farms are fine . . . as long as the owner(s) actually pay for the construction, operation, maintenance, costs for their mistakes, costs for their failures to generate, and decommissioning without taxpayers footing the bill or utility customers being bilked for the costs associated with failures.

The pachyderm is correct, as usual. Just don't hold your breath, rhino...er, I mean, i guess you already are. You're turning purple, you know.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The problem today is that it isn't just utilities but ALL developers of any size seem to feel entitled to a vast array of handouts from all levels of government before they do anything.

The idea of carrying your own water and reaping all the rewards is a concept long gone. Today it seems that they want everyone else to carry the majority of the water and then THEY will reap all the rewards.

Doug

Top Bottom