• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Does anyone here know anything about a Winchester 1890 22 rifle? I just cleaned up a 22 short that was made in 1917. Took me a while to figure out how to take it apart. The firing pin stop is broken right at the rear screw on the bolt. What is the purpose of the rear part of it?

I took it apart and cleaned it up real well and put it back together and test fired it. I'm half deef and after I fired the first round, I thought it didn't fire. I racked the slide back and saw that the round fired. I thought for sure it was a dud so before I fired the next round, I put a light at the chamber to make sure it wasn't stuck in the barrel. It was okay. I shot it a total of 15 times and it was okay. I just don't have much experience with 22 shorts. They are quiter than 22 lr subsonics.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    check rimfire central they can have you taken it apart and puttin it together again.them guys know there stuff.go to win. forum and ask.or that question may have been already been asked.they can help you for sure.hope this helps.any thing rimfire,its there

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Thanks. This is a pretty neat rifle. I found some places that have parts and even manufacture new ones so I'll get the small stuff I need ordered.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I learned to shoot with an 1890 in .22 Long. Hard to find shells for, but lots of fun to play with. I had one years ago that was .22 Short, and yes, they are quiet! Now, I've got an older Rossi pump .22 that is based on the Winchester action. Neat little guns; fun to shoot and pretty accurate!

Doug K

Top Bottom