• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    It's time for me to part ways from my Wilson Combat CQB Compact, as much as it pains me to do so. College will be great for my future, but it's hard on my pocketbook and I simply need the cash more than the pistol. Here are the specifics.

This is a Wilson Combat CQB Compact that I picked up used towards the end of last year. It's a 4" barrel on a officer-sized frame chambered for 45 ACP. It uses a coned barrel. I shot 300 rounds through it and then decided to send it to Wilson because there were some scratches in the armor tuff and I wanted to make sure everything was tip-top. While there I had Wilson Combat do the following:
    • New coat of Armor Tuff (black) on slide, frame, and all small parts except the recoil spring plug and trigger.
    • Serrate top of slide (30 LPI)
    • Serrate back of slide (30 LPI)
    • Install gold bead front sight
    • Install serrated rear "boot" sight (has a ledge to cock on your boot, belt, etc.)
    • Install roundbutt mainspring housing
    • Bevel frame and flush cut slide stop
    • Install bulletproof concealment grip safety and hammer
    • Install bulletproof tactical thumb safety
    • Install bulletproof magazine release
    • Install solid trigger, complete trigger job
    • TOTAL COST: $1450.75 + S&H
    The pistol was at Wilson for about five months and returned to me around the first of February. I have put an additional 300 rounds of WWB through the pistol since with absolutely no failures of the pistol or magazines. This means I can attest to 600 rounds having been fired through this pistol without ANY failures. I cannot speak to the total round count and won't conjecture a guess. The pistol is still tight and runs like a top. Provided with the pistol will be the recent test target from Wilson Combat (shown below) that gives a better idea of the pistol's accuracy than I ever could. The only flaw this pistol has is that there are nicks in the armor tuff coating around the ejection port from casing ejection. I tried to capture this in a picture below.

Included with the pistol will be:
    • Grey Wilson Combat Pistol Carrier (shown in pictures)
    • 5 Wilson Combat 7 round magazines (four low profile basepads, one regular basepad)
    • Occidental Leather IWB Holster. Great holster, retails at $145.
    • Leather OWB Holster from Lane at Lasco Leather
    • Pistol has two sets of grips, one cocobolo set that are slim grips. The other is a dark grey micarta set that is regular thickness
    • All paperwork from recent Wilson Combat work showing dates and pricing (which just got slightly covered in soda... :xmad:)
    I am asking for $2500 for the entire package. This pistol would cost well over $3000 to build brand new. This doesn't include the holsters which cost another $220, plus three magazines more than standard at $35 a piece. This is a great pistol, it was just reworked by the original maker so it is in excellent shape, there is a recent test target attesting to its current accuracy, and the Wilson Combat warranty follows the pistol for its entire life no matter who owns it, sells it, etc.

Once again, I am selling due to a need for cash. As such, I am not able to accommodate any trades at this time. I also would rather not sell the magazines and holsters separately at this time.

Time for pictures:

Total Package:
    Totalpackage.jpg

Right side:
    RightSidenew.jpg

Left Side:
    Leftsidenew.jpg

Serrated rear of slide:
    rearserrations.jpg

Serrated top of slide:
    topserrations.jpg

Gold bead front sight:
    Goldbeadnew.jpg

Coned Barrel:
    Slideopened.jpg

Concealment grip safety and concealment hammer:
    ConcealmentGSandHammer.jpg

Round butt:
    Roundbutt.jpg

Ejection port armor tuff wear:
    Armortuffscuffs.jpg

Holsters:
    Holsters.jpg

MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    BUMP

FYI - I've had several ask where I am located. I am in downtown Indianapolis. I would be willing to drive an hour or two in any direction if that is what it takes to reach a deal. Of course, I will not meet anyone outside of Indiana and any buyer must present a Indiana State ID. I would be willing to investigate costs associated with shipping the pistol through an FFL, but have no idea what that might cost at this time. If that option is preferable I would only charge the buyer for the amount the FFL charges me.

If you have any further questions feel free to PM me. You can also e-mail me at Hamlinmeister@gmail.com. I check that more often.

Top Bottom