Not open for further replies.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Why is it my vaccine? Who am I, Jonas Salk?

AFAIK from reports, they seem to work well on variants.

Why would you not think so? Any evidence or just bias?
    It's clear to see where the bias is. You should read more and not just follow the sheep. :cool:

January 26, 2021

Lasting immunity found after recovery from COVID-19​

At a Glance​

• The immune systems of more than 95% of people who recovered from COVID-19 had durable memories of the virus up to eight months after infection.
    • The results provide hope that people receiving SARS-CoV-2 vaccines will develop similar lasting immune memories after vaccination.
    https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-research-matters/lasting-immunity-found-after-recovery-covid-19

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Looks like he did get a badge, good for him.

Was that for a product that was under emergency use authorization with legal immunity?
    From this article it appears the vaccine had approval. But it also had issues bad enough to be pulled.

"Immediately following the government’s licensing of the Salk vaccine, the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis contracted with private drug companies for US$9 million worth of vaccine (around $87 million today) – about 90% of the stock. They planned to provide it free to the country’s first and second graders. But just two weeks after the first doses were administered, the Public Health Service reported that six inoculated children had come down with polio."
    As the number of such incidents grew, it became clear that some of the shots were causing the disease they were meant to prevent. A single lab had inadvertently released adulterated doses.

The great polio vaccine mess and the lessons it holds about federal coordination for today’s COVID-19 vaccination effort
    https://theconversation.com/the-gre...for-todays-covid-19-vaccination-effort-152806

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I"m starting to think this thread is basically for the non-vaxers to virtue signal their dislike of the Covid vaccines and spread misinformation about it.

JAJORDAN765

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    Lafayette
    Why do they still keep insisting that those who have survived Covid 19 get the vaccine? There are still only SIXTY DOCUMENTED CASES in the WHOLE WORLD of people getting COVID twice. It seems like it would be safer for those that have had it to NOT get the vaccine.
    My friend tested positive 3 different times.

JAJORDAN765

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2020
    Lafayette
    Did he/she/it test negative in between those positive tests? If so, what was the time lapse between the three positive tests? Did they also tell you that the lifetime carry license was going away?
    Yes you never know could be false positive I personally am not worried not vaccinated and no mask! He didn't care about guns so I doubt he would have cared either way.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Most big companies all have one common problem.

CEI

College Educated Idiots, people who have no business being in the position they are in.

My first beer distributor I worked for until it was sold by the 3rd generation CEI.
    The grandfather (founder) Son (who hired me) both had no degrees, but they turned a small family owned Budweiser Distributor to (at that time) to one of the largest in the state.

The 3rd gen Grandson ran into the ground by a multitude of what many of us who had been in the business bad decisions.

Monarch Beverage, my beer distributor, (before I started running containers from Indpls to Chicago and back) was another company heavily laden with CEI's. You can't0 learn a business from a book and Class room, you have to get your hands dirty and learn it from the inside out.

Heck even Peter Coors of Coors Brewing knew that. He shipped his freshly graduated son straight from College to Monarch and we put him on a truck learning the ropes from the ground up.

He rode with me for a week, and his last day with me, told me that it was a humbling job, thanked me for the insight that they never see.
    This reminds me of an experience years ago. My boss at the time owned a sports bar. It started out doing very well, but then it became a big problem for the police having to come out constantly to break up fights. He asked me if I had any idea what the problem was. I told him the choice to mix country music and rap music was bringing in two different groups of people that didn't necessarily get along, especially when you add alcohol to the mix. His snotty wife asked, "did you go to college?" When I replied that I hadn't, she informed me that I had no idea what I was talking about and I should keep my opinion to myself. They continued to try to cater to rednecks and gangstas. Less than a year later, they closed the doors.

College education doesn't replace common sense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom