Status
    Not open for further replies.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I signed up to get the first dose 12/23.

If I were self-employed and could work remotely, I wouldn't get it yet as I'm low risk. But I don't. I have to be physically present to do my job. If I was offered a vaccine and didn't take it, then got sick, my partners would have to cover my shifts for up to 10 days which would **** them off. My wife would have to quarantine, my kids would be out of school.

Reluctantly I'm just going to sign up and get it. Too many downsides if I was offered a vaccine, declined, and then got COVID. None of them related to my health.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I signed up to get the first dose 12/23.

If I were self-employed and could work remotely, I wouldn't get it yet as I'm low risk. But I don't. I have to be physically present to do my job. If I was offered a vaccine and didn't take it, then got sick, my partners would have to cover my shifts for up to 10 days which would **** them off. My wife would have to quarantine, my kids would be out of school.

Reluctantly I'm just going to sign up and get it. Too many downsides if I was offered a vaccine, declined, and then got COVID. None of them related to my health.

Good luck....I hope all goes for you. Keep us posed on the temporary (and long term) effects.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Refuse too until at least a year has passed to see the reactions/results.

I like that you actually quantified how long you want to wait before determining comfort level, even if I don't intend to wait myself.

For others who said they want to wait, how long do you plan to wait before you're comfortable? What would stop you from getting it after waiting for X amount of time?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    [place holder for comment about complaints in 6 months about restrictions still being in place because not enough people have gotten vaccinated]

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I like that you actually quantified how long you want to wait before determining comfort level, even if I don't intend to wait myself.

For others who said they want to wait, how long do you plan to wait before you're comfortable? What would stop you from getting it after waiting for X amount of time?

Why take the vaccine if I still have to wear a mask, social distance, and get/spread the virus?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    [place holder for comment about complaints in 6 months about restrictions still being in place because not enough people have gotten vaccinated]

They’re still saying with the vaccine, you can still get the virus. Even if the majority of people got the vaccine, I’d bet there will still be restrictions.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    They’re still saying with the vaccine, you can still get the virus. Even if the majority of people got the vaccine, I’d bet there will still be restrictions.

No. They are saying that they have not eliminated that possibility. It's a pretty big difference. Whether or not it happens (which is unlikely) will be determined fairly shortly (months as larger numbers are vaccinated).

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    No. They are saying that they have not eliminated that possibility. It's a pretty big difference. Whether or not it happens (which is unlikely) will be determined fairly shortly (months as larger numbers are vaccinated).

The fact is, they don’t know. They don’t even know for sure if it will or will not cause infertility.

Like I said before, I’m not against vaccinations. But I will be waiting for awhile before I take this one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom