• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    I just ordered the original instructor belt from Wilderness Tactical. After years of wearing cheap leather belts I decided to try a true gun belt.
    I debated on whether to get a leather or nylon belt for a while and ended choosing nylon due to being able to adjust the size more precisely instead of hoping the hole hits right where I need it. I carry both iwb and owb all liked the idea of knowing I could get the fit I wanted.
    I would like to hear any thoughts you have on nylon vs leather gun belts and any exper
    ience with Wilderness Tactical.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Nylon belts fade in color and degrade over time.They also stick out like a sore thumb.I have black and brown leather (gun/duty/tactical)belts that look almost new after being worn daily for years.Leather is easier to clean.I personally think a real buckle on a leather belt is more secure than those on most nylon belts.I do not really care at all for the nylon belts to be honest.:twocents:

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    I have all three colors, I only wear the wilderness belts unless I'm dressed in the suit. They are very comfortable, and tighten up to secure your carry rig...I actually used one under my duty belt for 2 1/2 years, looks good as new.

The 5 stitch model is very sturdy I would reccomend it.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I have the brown and OD, one 5 stitch and the other reinforced. These are the only belts that I wear outside of work. I use the with my Crossbreed holster and Serpa without any issues. I love these belts and highly recommend them!

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I have two. The black one I have had for 10 years. It has been through several classes and it is secure and holds my weapon securely. My second is tan and I have had it for approx. 6 years. The only time I don't wear these belts is when I am in a suit. My are both the 5 stitch.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    + another for the wilderness tactical. My current main one is six years old and going strong. Much prefer it for EDC over leather. The only leather belt I still wear is actually elephant to match my cowboy boots and doesn't get worn that often.

LeadPharmer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2013
    Toledo, OH
    I've not used any of the nylon ( I have a leather "gun belt" from The Belt Man.

I will say, regardless of material or color, a belt designed to support the weight of a gun makes an indescribable amount of difference in the comfort and capability of carrying a firearms.

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    Yes a good gun belt regardless of material should be an improvement. I don't know why it took me so long to buy a true gun belt. I may look into getting a good leather belt also. Like I said the main reason for going with nylon to start was being able to adjust to fit different style holsters and to allow for fluctuations in my weight and still get a good fit.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I've worn the nylon tactical belts for years and really like them. A couple years ago I bought a heavy 2" leather belt which I wore continuously until just recently when I got a 762 Tactical belt with a cobra quick-release. Allows me to adjust the belt one time and still get it on and off easily.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've used a Wilderness belt for the last few years and really like it. I bought a black one when they were on sale and ended up buying another color later on. I like that you can quickly adjust them if necessary and the Wilderness belts hold gear really well. I also have a leather Crossbreed belt that's very thick and heavy and still prefer the fit of the Wilderness belt for casual / training use.

Top Bottom