• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cdyptrsn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    angola
    My wife was looking on online for a handgun, and she found one she likes. It is a cobra .380 5 round mag. I was wondering if anybody has one or knows any thing on them.

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/cody%20&%20caitie/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/78543_Hand_Guns_Pistols_Cobra_COBRA_CA_380ACP_MAJESTIC_.aspx.htm

here is the site for it

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I would agree with Scutter. My wife likes her AMT backup (actually I do too). I would keep looking...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Cobras look pretty and they're cheap, but if you really want a finish like that, buy a decent gun and have it refinished. I suggest you do some reading up before you buy it.

cdyptrsn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    angola
    thanks for the info. do you know of any other "pink" .380 manufactures. Looked at Taurus products, know any other

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Does she have much experience shooting and/or are you set on a .380? IMO, dinky guns like the Kel-tec P3AT/Ruger LCP/AMT Backup/etc. aren't all that great as "first guns". The felt recoil is there (because they're so small), and they can be difficult to shoot well - 2 characteristics that don't lend themselves to encouraging "first time shooters."

If she's already familiar with shooting and just wants something tiny to carry, that's another story.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I don't know if you can get them in pink (although you can have it Duracoted in any color you want) but you should check out the Bersa Thunder if you're set on a .380.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Bersa Thunder
    Kel-Tec P-3AT

Both can be had for $200-$250.

Several people have changed the color of the grip of their Kel-Tec, I remember a pink one too.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I really should go work for these people, just like I should go work for Raven: Flash Intro Page

Don't let the color of the gun hold her back (although I can certainly relate.. I think Lars wanted to throw a party when I picked out a black gun for my first). It can always be coated, but if you get her converted well, she'll consider it sacrilege, too. ;)

Pink_Derringer__Small_.jpg

Pink_Glock.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Does she have much experience shooting and/or are you set on a .380? IMO, dinky guns like the Kel-tec P3AT/Ruger LCP/AMT Backup/etc. aren't all that great as "first guns". The felt recoil is there (because they're so small), and they can be difficult to shoot well - 2 characteristics that don't lend themselves to encouraging "first time shooters."

If she's already familiar with shooting and just wants something tiny to carry, that's another story.
    :+1:

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    My wife and I (mostly wife) have had a bersa 380 5 years or so and put atleast 1500rds flawlessly. Great gun And people who own em love em. Can be found for like 250 or so.

Last edited:

cdyptrsn'swife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Hey thanks for the info on guns for me. I am not a first time shooter, I have been shooting all my life, and have shot all my dads handguns at one time or another. I am not afraid of the recoil at all, but I do want something small enough to go in my purse or around my ankle. I would like to get a .25 or a .380. But I can go larger if need be.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well, knowing that, allow me to recommend the keltec P3AT. Its small enough that you can comfortably stuff it in a pocket if you have to ditch the purse for whatever reason. I have been shopping with my significant other, and I have found that women's clothing is not meant to be practical ie. the pockets are ridiculously small. However, I still think the P3AT is a good choice and could be a very versatile choice in terms of pocket carry/waist carry/purse carry/ankle carry.

Keltec's 380 is the smallest on the market and I've been satisfied with mine. Some people have posted negative reviews, but by and large, its not representative of their quality. As with any gun, shoot it a lot before you trust it.

cdyptrsn'swife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Thanks for the advice. I want something that can easily fit my ankle or purse. I am thinking the purse is not such a good idea..muggers..kids..better if its attached to me.

Top Bottom