• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    The place she works at is over 50% funded by the federal government, and they might be cutting their funding Mar 4th. If they do the place will close.

We are both :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:The place is nothing but a government bureaucracy and she hates working there.

Hey we only owe money on the house so were not worried.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    I don't understand if she doesn't like working there and you're against the place why not simply quit regardless if she gets laid off or not?

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I don't understand if she doesn't like working there and you're against the place why not simply quit regardless if she gets laid off or not?

I've been trying to get her to leave there for a long time. The only thing that has kept her there is it revolves around school hours. She doesn't want to set around the house all day so it keeps her busy.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    (and if she loses her job you can collect unemployment)

Hey, I am not hating. People who don't even look for other work frustrate me, but if she takes a month or two building a nice resume, applying to new postitions, and going to interviews than I think that is just fine.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Really sorry to hear that she might lose her federally funded job. The shame of it all is that if we do get the government to cut back on spending and on agencies, those are still human beings that will lose their jobs.

Wish you the best!

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    (and if she loses her job you can collect unemployment)

Hey, I am not hating. People who don't even look for other work frustrate me, but if she takes a month or two building a nice resume, applying to new postitions, and going to interviews than I think that is just fine.

Well since they gave some notice she's already looking. I don't care if she finds another job but she does. I bet she has a new job before she would even get her first unemployment check.

Really sorry to hear that she might lose her federally funded job. The shame of it all is that if we do get the government to cut back on spending and on agencies, those are still human beings that will lose their jobs.

Wish you the best!

The whole point of this thread was pretty much to give our government a big FU. They need to cut spending big time and sure people will lose their jobs. Some will wine and cry about how we should keep going into debt to fund everything, but others like us will move on understanding this needs to happen not only for today's budget but the budgets for years to come.

Last edited:

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Sorry to hear they are mixing things up on you.

I imagine only a few who work for the government really "enjoy" their jobs. At least the government agencies I have dealt with give me that impression. :)

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Sorry your household may lose the income and hope it's just a short period of time.

Maybe if the new FBI Building on the North Side of Indianapolis,

(granite counters, s.s. undermount sinks w/motion sensored soap, faucets and flushometers that require special solar lighting to activate)

and other Federal Buildings like it chose to scale back,
    there would be more dollars for us working people.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ... The only thing that has kept her there is it revolves around school hours. She doesn't want to set around the house all day so it keeps her busy.

How about a home business? How about home schooling your kids?

Just a couple of ideas as I'm a bit pressed for time right now.

There are so many things a woman can do out of the home that it's truely mind boggling. Working for the man so you don't sit around the house all day? Seriously? Truth be known, my wife is busier at home than I am at work. I'm sure of it.

Some people need to work on motivation. Some husbands need to provide more vision and direction. But, really there's so much worthwhile to do that other than working a job you don't like, "just to keep busy," seems to show a lack of imagination or something. Are we so used to being slaves that we don't know how to use our freedom? :twocents:

I don't mean to be critical. I'd just encourage both of you to be excited and think how you can best use this opportunity.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm with you on being semi-happy that your wife might be losing her job.

My wife works part time and I really really want her to quit, because all it does is stress her out and eats up family time. I'm more than willing to give up the $20/day or however much to have her happy and at home.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    How about a home business? How about home schooling your kids?

Just a couple of ideas as I'm a bit pressed for time right now.

There are so many things a woman can do out of the home that it's truely mind boggling. Working for the man so you don't sit around the house all day? Seriously? Truth be known, my wife is busier at home than I am at work. I'm sure of it.

Some people need to work on motivation. Some husbands need to provide more vision and direction. But, really there's so much worthwhile to do that other than working a job you don't like, "just to keep busy," seems to show a lack of imagination or something. Are we so used to being slaves that we don't know how to use our freedom? :twocents:

I don't mean to be critical. I'd just encourage both of you to be excited and think how you can best use this opportunity.

She was a stay at home mom for 3 years before she got this job, and in the navy before that.

We've been talking about home business for awhile, this just changes our dates around anyways because in August of this year she was going to be quitting there and going back to school. We still aren't sure of what kind of business to open but have been sure for a few years now that opening one for our selves.

We are excited didn't you see all the :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:in the op? :D

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The place she works at is over 50% funded by the federal government, and they might be cutting their funding Mar 4th. If they do the place will close.

We are both :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:The place is nothing but a government bureaucracy and she hates working there.

Hey we only owe money on the house so were not worried.:rockwoot::rockwoot:
    Does your wife work for head start? If so my wife is in the same position, but she actually likes her job.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Does your wife work for head start? If so my wife is in the same position, but she actually likes her job.

Yep. I don't understand why they even call it head start, all they do is babysit. I always thought head start was supposed to get kids ready for kindergarten until she started there.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I will say that it isnt as easy as just apply for a job anymore, so taking a layoff is a good idea. I have been laid off from my job for about a month now and its hard to find something else, so I am sorry to hear about her situation. I was a Industrial electrician and it isnt easy to find something to take the place of the salary.

Top Bottom