WHYYYYY are you giving in to these .22lr gougers!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I have a couple bricks or more of 22lr & heck yeah I would like more but I'm not paying $50 or more for a brick. For that kind of money there better be a happy ending in there somewhere. :laugh:

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I have a couple bricks or more of 22lr & heck yeah I would like more but I'm not paying $50 or more for a brick. For that kind of money there better be a happy ending in there somewhere. :laugh:

Clever girl. I see what you did there. Some see these transactions as being very similar.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Who shoots 22's in Indianapolis? Oh, I forgot, at your favorite indoor range.

Why do the moderators let this kind of stupid crap continue?

Desdinova

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Austin
    As one of the horrible soulless demons who dared to charge more than pre-panic prices for what I sold on here, I've found this thread mildly entertaining and very educational. The lesson that I've learned here is that the next time I stumble across an opportunity to get a few cases of ammo I have no use for, I'll just pass them up or hoard them for myself. God forbid that I dare sell them for anything other than what someone else that I don't know and isn't buying from me says I should. God forbid that I try to make it easier for some folks to find the ammo they want, even if I am asking for a higher price. God forbid that I don't bow to the demands of someone else in deciding what I can and cannot sell my own property for because it offends their tender sensibilities.

If I seem upset, I'm not. I've seen the whining almost every day since the prices started going up and I fully expect to see more tomorrow. I just felt like jumping in.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

Hard as it may be to believe, INGO is not Indianapolis, there are one or two of us who live out in the sticks.

If you took all of the stupid crap off INGO you'd get rid of 95% of the traffic...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Can you list the forum rules that were broken? If there aren't any, that's probably why the thread is still going.

And if people shoot at indoor ranges, or outdoor ranges, or off their back porch, what is that to you?

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Sounds like he's disgusted that the gougers are creating an artificial shortage just to benefit from it.

Gougers aren't creating a shortage at all. Even if no one were buying to resell, there still wouldn't be any sitting on the shelf. It's simply a matter of fact that everyone knows that .22LR is in short supply and will buy it every time they see it on the shelf. Someone walks into Wal-Mart, sees .22LR in the case, and says to themselves, "Dang, I haven't seen .22LR in over a year. I better buy it." -- and it's gone. I've bought tens of thousands of rounds of .22LR since Sandy Hook -- all for 5 cents a round or less -- and any that I sold to buddies was sold for exactly what I paid for it. Not a dime of profit.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Hard as it may be to believe, INGO is not Indianapolis, there are one or two of us who live out in the sticks.

If you took all of the stupid crap off INGO you'd get rid of 95% of the traffic...

I was just recently annexed into the city limits. Still have farmers planting across the road. Still killing rabbits in my back yard with subs. I usually have a 100 rounds and 14 in the mag sitting by the back door.
    City hates shotgun blasts, so can't throw clays, Pellet rifle for practice. Don't buy 22's till I need them. My LGS usually has Aguila for $5.00 per 50. I can live with that.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    When 22lr drops down closer to historic prices, I plan to buy until it hurts. I'm going to buy myself a lifetime supply, and then I'm going to buy some more. Then, next time there is a panic, I'm going to sell it for market price and make money. Same thing with 9mm. I wish I had done that before.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When 22lr drops down closer to historic prices, I plan to buy until it hurts. I'm going to buy myself a lifetime supply, and then I'm going to buy some more. Then, next time there is a panic, I'm going to sell it for market price and make money. Same thing with 9mm. I wish I had done that before.

I would do the same. I don't critique a person who bothers to plan ahead.

"Have nots"have pussified this country with constant whining.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

Agreed.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

A lot of knowing folks still patronize Dick's Sporting Goods too...
    :rolleyes:

Top Bottom