WHYYYYY are you giving in to these .22lr gougers!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Guys please, for the love of God, please answer the question as to why you are paying these guy on here $35-$50 for a 550 value pack of .22lr? Can you seriously not be patient? You do realize, the longer you keep supporting their gouging, the longer they will wait in line at 6am at the box stores, to wipe them clean and just sell to you for a profit.
    Before you go flaming me, just be sensible here. I understand its a "free market" and everything, but why, as a community, are we letting these guys with 200 or less posts, sell their 150%-200% overpriced .22lr in our classifieds? INGO should not support, accept, and allow this to go on here. I'm acquaintances with many of the longtime members here and they agree, that it is absolutely sick. They already have a persona here, and won't say anything about it, but I sure as hell will.
    Its a free country, and a free market, thats what makes this place great, but these people are scum and what they're doing is wrong as well. Flame and criticize me if you want, I know some of you will, and I don't care, I'm just honestly upset that this community is letting this happen so acceptingly. I just hope that some of you that share in this disgust can relate and help this crap stop. It's well past the panic, things are back to normal on a majority, but ammo gouging is still happening, on this site.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Between my stash and doing more dry-fire practice recently, I'm fortunate to have not needed to purchase any .22s in the last year. I understand your frustration, but there are many who simply want to buy .22s so that they can shoot. Some are new and didn't have a chance to build up a stash before the last two gun scares and others simply didn't think it necessary. $0.10/rd is still cheaper than any center-fire round (at retail). Sucks, but there it is.

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    Ive heard "Self-imposed" shortage many times recently, and I can not agree more. The longer people pay the extremely inflated prices the longer the gougers will be making ~100% profit. IF I see some instock and walmart or dunhams i will get a box or two, but I just cannot fathom the NEED to have .22lr RIGHT NOW! and yes you will get flamed, but it is what it is.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    For me personally, Ive never been effected by these ammo prices. I buy enough to last years when its available so when the prices go crazy, I just sit back and wait on things to stabilize.

I was about to re stockup on 22lr when the prices went crazy. It caught me with my pants down and I only had about 1 year in reserve. Now I'm down to 5000 rds of match left, and no bulk. Im shooting match ammo out of my pistols now, so Im not actually to the point where I will buy at gouging prices, but I'm only a couple months from being there. I was talking to a buddy today, he made a comment that really made sense. "This has been going on so long that people like you are re entering the market, and its not letting supply catch up with demand.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Between my stash and doing more dry-fire practice recently, I'm fortunate to have not needed to purchase any .22s in the last year. I understand your frustration, but there are many who simply want to buy .22s so that they can shoot. $0.10/rd is still cheaper than any centerfire round (at retail). Sucks, but there it is.

You sir are lucky haha.

I wonder if I'm the only one who's noticed this, but within this past 3 or so months, the influx of new members, just using this place for the classifieds, posting overpriced everything/s has gone out the roof.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Guys please, for the love of God, please answer the question as to why you are paying these guy on here $35-$50 for a 550 value pack of .22lr? Can you seriously not be patient? You do realize, the longer you keep supporting their gouging, the longer they will wait in line at 6am at the box stores, to wipe them clean and just sell to you for a profit.
    Before you go flaming me, just be sensible here. I understand its a "free market" and everything, but why, as a community, are we letting these guys with 200 or less posts, sell their 150%-200% overpriced .22lr in our classifieds? INGO should not support, accept, and allow this to go on here. I'm acquaintances with many of the longtime members here and they agree, that it is absolutely sick. They already have a persona here, and won't say anything about it, but I sure as hell will.
    Its a free country, and a free market, thats what makes this place great, but these people are scum and what they're doing is wrong as well. Flame and criticize me if you want, I know some of you will, and I don't care, I'm just honestly upset that this community is letting this happen so acceptingly. I just hope that some of you that share in this disgust can relate and help this crap stop. It's well past the panic, things are back to normal on a majority, but ammo gouging is still happening, on this site.

This again? Scum? Capitalism is wrong? Free market is wrong? How many times do we have to go over this topic? You're not disgusted, you're butthurt bro. You clearly do not understand supply and demand. Gouging is as much of a real term as an AR is an "assault rifle". Why do I not see these types of posts over all the $800 AK's? That's just as bad, why do so many people only cry over .22?

There are 1000's of reasons some people would pay an inflated price. Hell, I would right now just so I don't have to go scouring the globe for .22. It's easier for me to pay more for the insane ease of having it delivered. That's just 1 example of 1,000's.

Let me ask you this, do you have a 401k? Do you buy fuel for your vehicle?

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    This again? Scum? Capitalism is wrong? Free market is wrong? How many times do we have to go over this topic? You're not disgusted, you're butthurt bro. You clearly do not understand supply and demand. Gouging is as much of a real term as an AR is an "assault rifle". Why do I not see these types of posts over all the $800 AK's? That's just as bad, why do so many people only cry over .22?

There are 1000's of reasons some people would pay an inflated price. Hell, I would right now just so I don't have to go scouring the globe for .22. It's easier for me to pay more for the insane ease of having it delivered. That's just 1 example of 1,000's.

Let me ask you this, do you have a 401k? Do you buy fuel for your vehicle?

Haha! There we are! come one come all

but to be real here... if you read, I didn't say free market is wrong. And yes... they are scum.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Haha! There we are! come one come all

but to be real here... if you read, I didn't say free market is wrong. And yes... they are scum.

You need to come with a legitimate issue here other then anger. You want something someone else has and you don't want to pay their price. You're angry, I get that, BUT do you have ANY actual reasons for the rant other then that?

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    Seriously? Scum?

It's called supply and demand. Basic econ stuff. For a bunch of right wing conservatives, it seems kind of hypocritical that I keep hearing this nonsense around here. Unfortunately we don't live in fantasyland where we can constrain prices down to what we think they "should" be, the reality of the situation be damned.

The supply and demand dynamic has CHANGED for 22lr. That's a fact. The fact that it was different a year ago is IRRELEVANT. Completely and totally irrelevant.

I just sold some that I'd been holding for about a year, wouldn't have sold it if all I could get was Walmart price.

If it weren't for "gougers", you'd have to rely on dumb luck to find it. In other words, you'd be SOL.

Seriously, go read an econ book. The simplest one you can find will probably cover this.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I agree with you except I don't think INGO should stop them from doing so. INGO should not be censoring people from exercising their entrepreneurial spirit to earn a profit. I still believe in a free market economy and I also think a buyer should beware.

I bought a 1000 pack of M-22 not too long ago for $49.99. I am willing to spend that.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    You need to come with a legitimate issue here other then anger. You want something someone else has and you don't want to pay their price. You're angry, I get that, BUT do you have ANY actual reasons for the rant other then that?

Actually, I'm not angry, "I'm disgusted." I believe I tried to have the readers comprehension of the OP obvious of that. I'm upset that these people are flooding into INGO by the masses.

I don't need .22. I don't even have a .22 gun anymore. I just hate gougers with a burning passion.

sb0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Aug 1, 2013
    Indy
    Actually, I'm not angry, "I'm disgusted." I believe I tried to have the readers comprehension of the OP obvious of that. I'm upset that these people are flooding into INGO by the masses.

I don't need .22. I don't even have a .22 gun anymore. I just hate gougers with a burning passion.

You're disgusted that supply and demand determines prices?

I think that's your problem.

In what freaking world does the fact that a year ago supply and demand was at a certain level have a damn thing to do with what it is now? In an economic sense. I'd love to hear you explain this in simple economic terms.

If I want to buy some CCI Velocitor at double retail (which I am more than willing to pay because I want it, PM me if you have some) who are you to tell me that INGO shouldn't allow me to?

Are the buyers scum too? Honest question.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun

Since you didn't answer my other questions, let me try this one: What should the allowable mark up be? Your answer will very likely prompt more questions. If someone has something that someone else wants, what should the correct markup (allowable profit) be?

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    You're disgusted that supply and demand determines prices?

I think that's your problem.

In what freaking world does the fact that a year ago supply and demand was at a certain level have a damn thing to do with what it is now? In an economic sense. I'd love to hear you explain this in simple economic terms.

The supply and demand of said product in the current market today is still influenced by the primary consumer themselves, but not in a way it was before. Now there are middle men to the middle men. These middle men are price gougers. They do everything they can to get the product before anyone else and then resell it to the person who needed it in the first place.
    it goes like this... production, distribution, market (store), distribution, then buyer.... hmmm.... somthing seems off doesnt it?

Top Bottom