• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Because we got the secret memo stating that final oppression and slavery of all non-LEO persons is occurring on August 38th, 2010 at 4:89pm.

Tremble all non-LEOs, tremble.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Maybe because brand new gear is expensive, and this is a way for them to equip themselves to fight crime without costing tax-payers a ton of money?

:dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Scrimizzi said the military transfer the weapons to the city for a $50 per rifle shipping fee.

ZOMG, the cops are saving money on surplus crap!:runaway:

Good thing I never see suplus threads on INGO. Hey, guys, what's a "milsurp"?

$50 M16s that some 19 year old Marine wore the black off while humping it on patrol. Call Alex Jones!

As long as they do not get tanks and do not dress like Das Reich I think it is a sound expenditure of government funds.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Maybe because brand new gear is expensive, and this is a way for them to equip themselves to fight crime without costing tax-payers a ton of money?

the boots and some of the other stuff i can see. but you really want canton cops in a tank asking to see your permit?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

This. Most department budgets have been cut again and again. This is a good way to get some equipment without using tax payers money to buy new.

I can vouch for the fact that the military vehicles departments get from this program are in terrible condition and end up costing more to maintain than they are worth.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This. Most department budgets have been cut again and again. This is a good way to get some equipment without using tax payers money to buy new.

I can vouch for the fact that the military vehicles departments get from this program are in terrible condition and end up costing more to maintain than they are worth.

In that case, buy at least 2 of each vehicle. Wouldn't be a good government employee if you didn't waste funds.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    WE'RE JUST HERE TO SAVE YOU MONEY AND KEEP YOU SAFE.

226094_226435530727289_165801456790697_578314_1623023_n.jpg

WileECoyotee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Huntington.IN.
    Our city got 2 Humvees for the sheriffs dept. , reasoning is to rescue people in a blizzard condition !
    This is after our newly elected sheriff took $22,000 that was to pay off 2 cars and instead bought new office furniture for himself , he then asked & got the council to up the LOIT tax for the County responders to the max .
    Now they just had 2 new Tahoe's delivered plus more new SUV's on the way .
    This same man got County Council to agree to out source all Administration duties of the Sheriff including Foreclosures to the tune of $100,000.00 a year plus a percentage of revenue from each auction .His purpose for all of this was so he could be on Patrol , which left him no time to do any kind of Administration work .
    The only good thing now is that we are maxed out on all the City & County LOIT taxes so they cannot get anymore from us for now .

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm sure glad Mitt Romney plans to increase the Department of Offense's budget. They obviously need a few more trillion to throw around, if they have any hopes of militarizing local police across the country.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I hope they add tattoos to the list of free crap. I could use a couple more to help me be an ultra scary blackwater wannabe.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Apparently having a tattoo makes you a scary blackwater wannabe. I just learned that here recently, been shorting my resume for some time now.
    See.....
    You can learn a lot by reading some of the crap that certain people spread around here. :)
    Now you can apply for that job with the Secret Federal Police that you've been eyeballing. ;)

Top Bottom