• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    While I don't want to vote for HRC, the only claim The Donald has for office is his business dealings.. I will not vote for him unless he releases his tax returns.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    You don't hate America enough to understand that progress is burning the American flag and banning air conditioning.

I love America enough to know that the RIGHT to burn the American flag is essential to the liberties that true patriots hold dear. Hundreds of thousands of lives have been spent to ensure that right. And I will ferociously defend it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I love America enough to know that the RIGHT to burn the American flag is essential to the liberties that true patriots hold dear. Hundreds of thousands of lives have been spent to ensure that right. And I will ferociously defend it.

Of course you should have the right to do that and I defend it.

I'm merely stating what dems are pushing as "progress" in this country. There was a time that dems loved this country, pledged allegiance to our flag without a single reservation, and asked what they could do for their country instead of asking what it can do for them. That time has come and gone, and it's time for them to be replaced with a party that doesn't have malicious aims towards America, our cultures, and our way of life.

Compare the rhetoric at the DNC to what was talked about at the RNC. Every other topic at the DNC was about how awful this country is and how awful republicans are.

The RNC talked about the future, how to improve things and how to overturn legislation that is damaging the country. Few and very far between were any real attacks on anyone.

Lets see the dems stand up for free speech and support overturning 501c3 and 501c4 restrictions if they truly believe in our values.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What part of what he said is untrue?

When the definition of progress is a 180 depending on the side of the fence, how can you possibly believe there's any chance of working together except on a narrow set of issues?

Maybe when dems decide to stop shouting racist, bigot, and idiot at everyone they disagree with they'll be welcomed to the table. Would also be helpful if they respected the constitution instead of believing their causes are the only rights that are relevant. But that's not in the nature of the democratic party, as by definition, it believes that the mob should be able to overturn the rights of anyone it wishes to.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    How can anyone, who calls themselves socially liberal, in good conscience vote for a person who murdered a man that provided all of these socially liberal programs to his people, then has the nerve to go on national television to gloat and laugh about doing it? (I'm talking about Gaddafi if you're wondering)

How is that not antithetical to your views?

(And yes I'm looking for an actual answer, as I've never had a democrat explain this one to me before)

WTF?
    Totally irrelevant to the discussion.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Not that defense spending shouldn't be cut to a reasonable level, National defense is a legitimate role of the US government. Wealth redistribution is not.

National defense is a legitimate role of the US government, but we've been well beyond "national defense" for years...possibly since WWII. I think war has become one of our leading exports. Our national defense budget is insane and dwarfs the rest of the world. You cut numbers of troops and cut money spent on war material, significant corporate profits tumble and unemployment soars. Follow the money. War is big business.

Some folks would rather have money spent as self-investment on our own citizenry, on education, health care, care of the disabled and mentally ill, etc. Some call it the welfare state; others call it investing at home. And that's why some vote Democrat.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    WTF?
    Totally irrelevant to the discussion.

It's pretty relevant for understanding why anyone votes democrat.

National defense is a legitimate role of the US government, but we've been well beyond "national defense" for years...possibly since WWII. I think war has become one of our leading exports. Our national defense budget is insane and dwarfs the rest of the world. You cut numbers of troops and cut money spent on war material, significant corporate profits tumble and unemployment soars. Follow the money. War is big business.

Some folks would rather have money spent as self-investment on our own citizenry, on education, health care, care of the disabled and mentally ill, etc. Some call it the welfare state; others call it investing at home. And that's why some vote Democrat.

You're absolutely right, which is why we should stop spending our money and resources protecting Europe. We have people in our own country who needs help first.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

It's pretty relevant for understanding why anyone votes democrat.

You're absolutely right, which is why we should stop spending our money and resources protecting Europe. We have people in our own country who needs help first.

I don't mind being the biggest kid on the block, but we're probably well past the point of absurdity. When the Pentagon is too big to audit it's time to cut their size at least until they're not.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    While I don't want to vote for HRC, the only claim The Donald has for office is his business dealings.. I will not vote for him unless he releases his tax returns.

There's a LOT of truth in this. A guy who is 70 years old, who's sought out the public eye for the past 30+ years, just now is deciding to make his political thoughts known? He's backed liberals for years, what was the flashpoint for him to switch sides?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Of course you should have the right to do that and I defend it.

I'm merely stating what dems are pushing as "progress" in this country. There was a time that dems loved this country, pledged allegiance to our flag without a single reservation, and asked what they could do for their country instead of asking what it can do for them. That time has come and gone, and it's time for them to be replaced with a party that doesn't have malicious aims towards America, our cultures, and our way of life.

Compare the rhetoric at the DNC to what was talked about at the RNC. Every other topic at the DNC was about how awful this country is and how awful republicans are.

The RNC talked about the future, how to improve things and how to overturn legislation that is damaging the country. Few and very far between were any real attacks on anyone.

Lets see the dems stand up for free speech and support overturning 501c3 and 501c4 restrictions if they truly believe in our values.

I do not believe this is correct. It was the RNC that pushing forth a "doom and gloom" agenda. So far the DNC has been complaining almost exclusively about Trump, and countering his "Make America Great Again," with "America is Already Great."

brogers261990

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Flora
    My grandmother on my dad's side has been a Democrat through and through for years... as long as anyone can remember anyway. She always liked how they stood up for small towns, small businesses, and industrial workers via unions. According to her, things have become increasingly more left-leaning and progressive to the point where she is now uncertain if she will be following her usual voting routine. While her values of individuals before corporations and small towns before large cities have not changed, she has stated she is not for endorsing a corrupt traitor to the country. I know this is not first-hand, which seems like what you are looking for, but this is as close as I can get.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Do not think I believe Donald Trump is the last messiah, but at least he has his OWN skin in the game. Anything hillery has in the game is what she has already skinned off the taxpayers backs.
    I think many of Trumps accomplishments were not directly from his own hand, but that he found the best and brightest to get things done, and fired those who did not. That is not a bad trait. It worked for Henry Ford. I think trump is at least trainable.

Hillery cannot be trained, as she just plain does not care what the citizens think. She already views us as subjects that must be controlled.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    There's a good possibility I could have gotten behind Jim Webb and learned more about him. No way I could ever vote for HRC. From everything I see and hear she's corrupt, deceitful, and has a long record of this behavior.
    Does Trump impress me? Actually he's too unknown politically to know what he would do. Pence on the ticket gives him a bit more cred in my thinking.
    It's not the first time but I'll be voting AGAINST the present Dems.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Do not think I believe Donald Trump is the last messiah, but at least he has his OWN skin in the game. Anything hillery has in the game is what she has already skinned off the taxpayers backs.
    I think many of Trumps accomplishments were not directly from his own hand, but that he found the best and brightest to get things done, and fired those who did not. That is not a bad trait. It worked for Henry Ford. I think trump is at least trainable.

Hillery cannot be trained, as she just plain does not care what the citizens think. She already views us as subjects that must be controlled.

Tell me how much of his own "skin" he has in the game? To my knowledge what he has put into his own campaign has been loaned, to be paid back by his election committee.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    So, who is paying the $660B defense bill this year? That's $2200 for EVERY American...

Sure, but non-discretionary spending (that's entitlements, your money goes to or for someone else) amounts to $3.05T... that's T for Trillion... so north of $10,000* for EVERY American.

R's are for defense, D's are for entitlements... $2200 vs $10,000+.... I'll take the $2200.

*Used your population figures to keep it apples-to-apples. Current pop is about 319 million, so both of our numbers are slightly high

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You say this as if your are serious:
    I have been pondering for quite awhile why a person would vote Democrat. I would really like to have an adult conversation of why someone would believe that the Democrats and their values are the right direction for America. Basically, give me your best sales pitch on leftist thinking...
    Then you follow it up with this which leads me to believe you really don't care to understand, but just want to vent to the conservative echo chamber know as INGO:
    Out of curiosity, I watched as much as I could stand to of the DNC last night. I wanted to get an understanding of the left values and why someone would adopt that way of thinking. I think I lasted about 11 minutes before I turned it off and went to bed. All I heard was special interest group this and racial/gender group that. It was exhausting. No real coverage of the issues, just pandering to certain groups and the continued focus on invented cultural issues.

Pertaining to real policies, Democrats are going to continue to push the erosion of our rights, bad trade deals that put Americans out of work and now an attack on our law enforcement. Nothing I can get behind.
    And now I know you definitely don't care about someone's opinion that differs from your own:
    So, what does a millennial do when they don't have the answer, GOOGLE it!

?Why I vote Democrat? - best comment EVER | RedState

Unfortunately, the article absolutely nails it and that is just the way it is. One just can't see eye-to-eye with everyone, I guess.
    You really just want someone to validate your own belief that liberals are evil and dumb.

Nothing new on INGO today.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Tell me how much of his own "skin" he has in the game? To my knowledge what he has put into his own campaign has been loaned, to be paid back by his election committee.

I was not talking about the campaign, I am talking about a businessman in the USA, Trump has a vested interest in his financial investments, unlike the other.

Top Bottom