Why "Open Carry" when you can carry concealed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    These discussions do nothing more than turn those who believe in 2A against each other. In almost every thread I can recall, the OP sits back to watch the carnage.

If I'm ever in the situation where I walk into a convenience store and a BG has a gun pointed at the clerk, I hope to be OCing, which I believe will give me the fastest opportunity to draw. I draw faster OCing and I realize there are others who can draw just as fast either way, but I can't.

If I'm ever in the situation where I'm at the counter and the BG comes up behind me, I hope to be CCing since he will have the drop on me. I would hope to keep my gun concealed with the hope of him leaving or me getting the opportunity to end the situation.

Either way, the law gives me a choice and it's a choice I desire to keep no matter what someone else may think is best for me. Feel free to carry any way you want and I'll support you.

+1

It can really go both ways, There are advantages and disadvantages to both ways we carry every day. Just carry.

IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Knowledge? You have an opinion.

Why do I OC? Because, frankly, I'm sick of people who thinks their opinion should matter to me.

Carry your gun however you like and I will support your choice 100% without giving you a worthless opinion. The day I decide I need worthless opinions, I will hire an advisor.

May my statements be used for knowledge. It may be an opinion but since when has an opinion not been able to be used to form knowledge?

The last bastion of someone that has nothing to argue with, RACISM

No that's just me poking fun. ;)

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    There are many reasons to CC but the, you will get shot first one, is by far the worst reason I've every heard, it just doesn't happen!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    May my statements be used for knowledge. It may be an opinion but since when has an opinion not been able to be used to form knowledge?

No that's just me poking fun. ;)

Personally, I tend to use FACTS to gain knowledge. But, hey, whatever makes you happy...

IUBrink

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Personally, I tend to use FACTS to gain knowledge. But, hey, whatever makes you happy...

Hey, me too!

bible2.jpg

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    So, you prefer facts but want others to use opinions to gain knowledge? Just trying to make sure I understand.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    There are many reasons to CC but the, you will get shot first one, is by far the worst reason I've every heard, it just doesn't happen!

It's the common fallacy of planning a tactic around a possibility rather than a probability.

Like a person who's completely prepared for a meteor strike but doesn't account for a simple house fire which is much more common.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Why do I OC? Because, frankly, I'm sick of people who thinks their opinion should matter to me.

You'd be surprised how many people here think you are selfish and could never be a public servant for thinking about your own comfort over someone else's feelings(ie. stress from seeing that inanimate object on your hip).

Go join unclemike's circle-jerk forum, talk about OCing and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Hey, me too!

bible2.jpg

Well done, sir. That was completely relevant to this conversation.:rolleyes:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Your not in the position to ask for proof, you're in the position to get inside the mind of a criminal and prepare yourself. If you don't feel the need to lay out the possibilities I'm more than happy to take donations and be added to the wills of those who chose to OC and not understand their risks.

Hard fail. This is a textbook example of someone who has no evidence and is trying to prop up their argument with illogical appeals to emotion.

"If you OC, not only are you ignorant, you're going to die!!!" :n00b:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    These discussions do nothing more than turn those who believe in 2A against each other. In almost every thread I can recall, the OP sits back to watch the carnage.

If I'm ever in the situation where I walk into a convenience store and a BG has a gun pointed at the clerk, I hope to be OCing, which I believe will give me the fastest opportunity to draw. I draw faster OCing and I realize there are others who can draw just as fast either way, but I can't.

If I'm ever in the situation where I'm at the counter and the BG comes up behind me, I hope to be CCing since he will have the drop on me. I would hope to keep my gun concealed with the hope of him leaving or me getting the opportunity to end the situation.

Either way, the law gives me a choice and it's a choice I desire to keep no matter what someone else may think is best for me. Feel free to carry any way you want and I'll support you.

This is as reasonable of a reply as you can get here. +1. :yesway:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Do you guys think you have the element of surprise when someone has a gun out and in your face?

Exactly why I carry a bug in my back pocket in a wallet holster. I like to think that when he asks for my wallet, he will be very surprized at what comes out. :)

Top Bottom