Why "Open Carry" when you can carry concealed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    It makes my junk look bigger

compensation-size1.jpg

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Do people like to dress up in military garb and kill other people? I get the ability to protect oneself, but killing others just seems to invite more problems than it prohibits.:dunno:

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    Do people like to dress up in military garb and kill other people? I get the ability to protect oneself, but killing others just seems to invite more problems than it prohibits.:dunno:
    yes, but only when I get paid for it lol, I'm kidding, I'd still do it for free.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Just curious, but do people want to Open Carry? I get CC no problem, but OC just seems to invite more problems than it prohibits.

These "problems" can be viewed as opportunities to educate. :yesway:

Comfort, convenience, speed, education, exercise rights, deterrance.

Why not? It's a choice we all have to make. I CC exclusively unless I'm hunting in the woods. I support others who do OC even though it is my choice not to.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I have been looking in this forum, and there seems to be alot of Hoosiers that actually "Open Carry" their firearms while out in public. I have never been able to understand the reason why you would want to do this when you can carry concealed in this state.

My concern with open carry for example: I am in the check out counter of a gas station. A guy comes in scoping the place out to rob it, sees me with a gun on my hip.
    (A) He gets spooked, and finds an easier target.

(B) He pulls his concealed gun, blows my head off, and robs the store.

I guess my thinking is that if I have a concealed weapon, a bad guy is less likely to view me as a threat. If he does decide to rob the place, I can react if need be, or just be a good witness.

Sorry if this topic has been mentioned.

Yes it has been mentioned :drill:

Top Bottom