• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think Rob was just throwing that out as another thing to consider. The purple fist did have me scratching my head though. The guy did go to West Point but is now a Poli-Sci professor in Chicago so idk.
    Without pulling up the many letters by retired military people carrying Democrat water during the Trump years to see if his name is on one, I don't believe I will accord him disinterested observer status just yet

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    It's not my fault Ukraine didn't read the agreement. They were given "security assurances" not "mutual military aid."

I'd recommend you read up on agreements that created military aid obligations.
    I believe it was supposed to be
    Seek immediate Security Council action to provide assistance to Belarus, Kazakhstan and Ukraine if they "should become a victim of an act of aggression or an object of a threat of aggression in which nuclear weapons are used".

Thats super nice when a member of the Security Council is attacking you.

Not sure how that’s Ukraine fault.

My take is If a politician tells you give up your weapons and they will provide you with XXXX isn’t worth the paper it’s written on. Matters not if your an individual or a country

Last edited:

idkfa

personally invading Ukraine (vicariously)
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    The reaction he got from me was because he was telling me Russia is a good country with bad leaders but that the US was a bad country with bad leaders
    That's not even a strawman. It's a strawvillage populated by strawpeople who are also strawcopulating each other and producing strawbabies. There are strawcats wandering around and licking their strawdonkeys. You get the picture.

idkfa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    Um, take a look at the avatar now.

I stand vindicated. ;)
    Yes! Also, look at his tagline and the name. People tell the truth and nothing but the truth on the internet.
    Also, humor is hard for some.
    Especially liberals, religious fanatics, and other pompous pricks.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Memorandum doesn't carry and weight, it simply agrees the the U.S. won't be on the side of Russia if Russia invades Ukraine.

Why not let them the Europeans sort it out without us because nothing good will come out of it for us.
    Thankfully a Memorandum in Ukrainian dose carry weight and they upheld their end. Could you imagine Russia invading a country that has nuclear weapons………oh wait.

idkfa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2019
    Hell
    No let’s keep our word. We could/should have nipped this in the bud 20 yrs ago but we shrugged our shoulders and said its not really an “agreement”
    This is a giant $it sandwich and we all get bite.
    The problem with this logic is the timing and the all-important question of "who started it."
    This situation is presented as unprovoked military aggression of Russia against Ukraine.
    As if the West (EU / Deep State / neocons / WEF) had absolutely nothing to do with the Orange Revolution of 2004 or the Euromaidan of 2014.

The logic is that so long as one simply finances a revolution and a concomitant regime change and then installs their puppet president, it's not an act of aggression, and everything's honky dory. Then this country can claim they're doing what's best for them and they can build whatever military bases they want on their territory.

On the other hand, if we were to be formal about the memoranda and constitutions and such, DNR/LNR declared independence in 2014 as per the Ukrainian constitution. Ukraine did not respect that -- they claimed that it was not the will of the people, that the referenda were not transparent, conducted in bad faith, coerced, etc.
    This may very well be true -- but it is the same logic that was applied in the aforementioned case of Ukraine overall.

This is kinda just one of the possible scenarios at play here because there is very little solid verifiable information. I mean, people here literally appeal to the Soviet times and the stories their grandparents told them, so...

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    Thankfully a Memorandum in Ukrainian dose carry weight and they upheld their end. Could you imagine Russia invading a country that has nuclear weapons………oh wait.
    After this, any country that doesn’t try to get nukes doesn’t want to be a country for very long. Diplomacy without nukes is dead.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

This is what happens with bandwagons.

It's surprising to me to see so many people here on INGO turn a 180 from believing the media are nothing but liars, into believing that the media are the absolute arbiters of truth.

Once someone lies to you, you really shouldn't trust them again. And you should be extra cautious when they generate a cult of support around something, because there's probably a gigantic motive involved.

When they start saying something you would like to believe, it doesn't make them anymore truthful, it just means you'd like to believe it.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    After 2 years of Covid lies,lockdowns, Biden China/ Ukraine corruption, one party Gov't Agencies control, deliberate inflation, a coup of a sitting President,massive Gov't overreach,and still we buy Russian blood crude and on and on , We all need to turn the heat down alittle because we are being PLAYED. QUESTION EVERYTHING.One side is BAD and the other side is ALOT WORSE. I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO NO ONE. JMHO

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I watched the video, 15 minutes into it, it was obvious what the political leanings of this group that sponsored it is. I need not say more. View attachment 184887 View attachment 184884 View attachment 184886

King's College is located in Cambridge, England. It was founded by King Henry VI in 1441. Purple is the color of royalty, thus, the purple gloved fist precedes the Communist fist by several centuries.

That was an awesome straw man misdirection, I'm sure it worked well to dissuade people from watching the video. However, it is Ukraine that continues to burn while we are unable to find a solution to this mess because we don't even begin to understand the underlying causes and keep doubling down on failed policies.

No one is advocating that the invasion was justified or that Ukraine needs to give up its sovereignty. However, we do need to understand what the Russian perspective is to have any hope of reaching a solution.

My only hope is that we can find a solution before the nukes come out, crazy right?

The video I posted is an American professor simply explaining what the Russian perspective is, and the failed American policies that, in his view, have contributed to the problem. If we can't even have that much without smearing people with the Communist label, then we might as well sit back and enjoy watching the world burn.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    The problem with this logic is the timing and the all-important question of "who started it."
    This situation is presented as unprovoked military aggression of Russia against Ukraine.
    As if the West (EU / Deep State / neocons / WEF) had absolutely nothing to do with the Orange Revolution of 2004 or the Euromaidan of 2014.

The logic is that so long as one simply finances a revolution and a concomitant regime change and then installs their puppet president, it's not an act of aggression, and everything's honky dory. Then this country can claim they're doing what's best for them and they can build whatever military bases they want on their territory.

On the other hand, if we were to be formal about the memoranda and constitutions and such, DNR/LNR declared independence in 2014 as per the Ukrainian constitution. Ukraine did not respect that -- they claimed that it was not the will of the people, that the referenda were not transparent, conducted in bad faith, coerced, etc.
    This may very well be true -- but it is the same logic that was applied in the aforementioned case of Ukraine overall.

This is kinda just one of the possible scenarios at play here because there is very little solid verifiable information. I mean, people here literally appeal to the Soviet times and the stories their grandparents told them, so...
    “Who started it“ Who started the hostility between Russia and Ukraine… better go farther back than 2004 my friend.
    Far as the current Crimean situation the blame is solely on the USSR for giving it to Ukraine in the first place. We all know why Putin wanted/took it back, it had nothing to do with the people being Russian and everything to do with global strategy. Just like Crimea has been for centuries, this is really nothing new.
    Same with DNR/LNR, Russia had plenty of opportunities to liberate these areas from Ukrainian rule but elected not to, why? Cause it served no purpose till now.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom