Why do people now think Sig is better than Glock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m4_dave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    North Central IN
    Why do I see alot of Glock haters latley swearing that Sig is better?I don't own either one.I have always heard Glock is the most reliable handgun in the world.It would be nice to hear some opinions.

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Out of 6 Glocks I have owned, 2 had severe malfunctions/breakages requiring a trip to Glock. My current 17 will still occasionally FTF. Out of 5 Sigs, I have had zero problems. Pretty clear in my eyes.

ETA - I've always thought a "Classic" Sig was better than a Glock. There is a reason I'm down to two Glocks and up to 5 Sigs.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've shot Sig more than Glock.

But I've shot precious little Sig....therefore, even less Glock.

The Sigs I shot were just fine, but I know that I don't really care for the .357 Sig cartrige out of a 239. Yowza!

-J-

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've owned 3 Glocks and 1 Sig.

I've sold 2 Glocks (1 pending) and 1 Sig.

I'm not really fond of either one of them. I like the Glock trigger better, but that doesn't mean that I like the Glock trigger, it just means I prefer it as the lesser of two bad triggers. The Sig I had was a SA/DA gun, the long heavy first trigger pull was smooth but too long, too heavy and had no overtravel adjustment.

I've recently been playing with a Sig 250. It is the modular Sig that users can change calibers, grips, uppers, etc. Nice concept but its a DAO trigger and heavier & longer than the Glock trigger. There are times when a longer/heavier trigger pull has its advantages and its pretty smooth too.

But I'd still prefer the Glock, which is not to say I like the Glock!!!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Why do I see alot of Glock haters latley swearing that Sig is better?I don't own either one.I have always heard Glock is the most reliable handgun in the world.It would be nice to hear some opinions.

Regardless of what you've heard, Glock is not the most reliable handgun in the world.

Guns I have more than 2,000 rounds through without failure:
    Beretta 92/M9 --> in excess of 50,000 combined through a couple different guns
    Taurus 99 --> in excess of 30,000 through one gun
    Taurus 92 --> two different guns, both with several thousand rounds through it
    Glock 19
    Ruger GP100
    S&W Model 15
    S&W Model 10
    S&W Model 910
    Ruger P85
    Ruger P89
    Ruger P94
    Sig P239
    Browning Hi-Power
    Couple of different 1911s
    Taurus Model 85 ultrulightweight snubby
    Taurus 917

Guns that made a thousand rounds before being sold, but never jammed:
    SA XD9 Tactical
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger SP101

Guns that jammed more than once every 50 rounds:
    Glock 23
    S&W 1076

Plenty of guns out there every bit as reliable as the Glocks, including Sigs. Heck, most guns at that price range work every bit as well as the Glock. Not a matter of hating on the Glock, just a matter of not hating on everything else.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Guns I have more than 2,000 rounds through without failure:

That's a lot of guns to own and shoot with zero malfunctions. You must either be the luckiest guy in Indiana or the luckiest guy in Indiana.

I've owned only one gun that never had a single problem, which was a CZ-75B. I only sold it because it was just too big for my hands. A close second was the Sig Sauer P226 I owned for years and many thousands of rounds. It failed to cycle once with a R-HIT gun club reload that had no powder it in it. It wasn't the gun's fault, but a malfunction is a malfunction.

The rest have all had more than one, at least their early days. I have a spreadsheet with number of shots fired for each gun, and I also record other pertinent information like malfunctions and the number of rounds since the last malfunction.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    I carry a Sig P226 almost every day. It has a 1020 rounds since Oct. 08 through it with about 500 of those rounds being Federal 115grn +P+ Hi-shock. I have had one stovepipe with Federal AE 115grn FMJ, other than that no ammo related problems. I do have the grip screws come loose all the time. Sig slide finish is not nearly as durable as Glock in my experiance. Overall I really like both, but when you thow price into the factor Glock comes out ahead.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    All I am going to say is when your life depends on why squabble on a couple hundred bucks. Sig over Glock everyday my life matters on the choice.

Glocks are not necessarily a bad gun. Just ergonomically the are not the gun for me. I can find no reason for me to purchase one.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I like the ergo's of the Sigs better. I am also more accurate with them. I love the feel of a metal gun.

+1 about the finish on them though. That will scratch off if you look at it wrong. I don't mind though. Just buy stainless:)

chrismw5551

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    I have owned a SIG 239 40S&W since they were introduced....no failures and accurate. I have always thought SIG was the better.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Regardless of what you've heard, Glock is not the most reliable handgun in the world.

Guns I have more than 2,000 rounds through without failure: blah, blah, blah
    Wasn't that on the pet peeve list, stating opinion as if it were fact?

Listen, Joe, I wouldn't go so far as to say that Glock is the most reliable handgun in the world. But I wouldn't say anything general about anything based only on my own experience. You can say what you have experienced, but that's all it is.

Even if you really did shoot all those rounds and keep all those records, it still is only your experience.

What I can say is that I like my Glocks and they have been reliable for me. They fit my hand and I shoot ok with them.

I'd like to try a Sig sometime. I bet I'd like it, too. In fact, I can't remember a gun I didn't like.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have owned a number of Glocks, have 4 currently and have never had a malfunction with any of them. At this point I only shoot factory ammo in everything and for that matter I've never had a failure with either of my 1911s.. Guess I'm just lucky?? Had an M&P and liked it very well but I like the Glock trigger better and they just seem to fit my hand better. In my limited experience any malfunction you have with any quality auto can usually be attributed to ammo or the magazine.
    If it feels right in your hand you can learn to shoot it well no matter what it is. Just MHO.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Someone has to have the final say... It might as well be me:

Sig beats the gLock hands down in every category.... except in the ka-boom category in which case gLock and Lorcin tie for first place.

There, now that we've settled that debate can we get back to the Coke in a bottle vs Coke in a can debate please?

Top Bottom