• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah no. Middle East “urban warfare,” kinda isn’t the same as United States urban warfare, me thinks. Finding a sniper on the roof of a 12ft mud hut ain’t the same as finding a sniper on the 12 floor of an office building...

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I always went by the asumption most of our munitions have a "Best If Used By" date on them. Have to use them up so they can buy fresh ones. It's the only explanation I can come up with as to why we seem to be constantly in a state of war with someone.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Is it really to train our troops in urban warfare... for the coming insurrection?

It's good for business.....that is heavily subsidized by property confiscated through forced taxation here.

Do you not care about the children?
    Fight them there or you'll fight them here?
    Why do you not want to spread freedom?
    Blah blah blah?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The administration must have a threat to keep people in fear.
    They are currently using Covid and White Supremacists. If that doesn't work, they may need to resurrect Islamic Terrorists.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    When you see this dance of death the world is attending in the Middle East remember that the melding of the three religions into one is a goal being pursued. Once you understand why the creek clears up.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    US involvement in the middle east goes way back and has a lot of reasons. Some are still going today and others have passed into history.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    tenor.gif

(tagging for comedy. :popcorn:)

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    -Fear of worse things happening if we desist.

-Maintaining access to oil resources and denying them to enemies (see: Syria deployment).

-Perpetuating military spending and all the jobs it fund.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Was treated to a fascinating eye opener on who is calling the shots for Israel, on who is Netanyahu's handler and has sign-off authority for high level positions within their government. And in an oblique fashion it does shed light upon the real reasons for our involvement. Hope you enjoy.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yeah no. Middle East “urban warfare,” kinda isn’t the same as United States urban warfare, me thinks. Finding a sniper on the roof of a 12ft mud hut ain’t the same as finding a sniper on the 12 floor of an office building...
    Please find these mud huts in places like Baghdad where we fought insurgents for years.

I am surprised that you of all people would rest on a stereotype of this nature that was true in 1821 but not 2021. Rural areas are still there but their cities are not dissimilar from ours at a practical level.

Back to the point at issue...

My guess is that this is a win-win-win for some bad actors in positions of influence. We converted a good but inexperienced volunteer military into professional soldiers in the sense of being conditioned to fighting every day. While not benefiting nationally or generally, we have placed gain from oil in chosen private hands. Same thing with the lithium in Afghanistan. Nothing here not to like if you are a globalist profiting in wealth and political gain from American tax money and blood.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Please find these mud huts in places like Baghdad where we fought insurgents for years.

I am surprised that you of all people would rest on a stereotype of this nature that was true in 1821 but not 2021. Rural areas are still there but their cities are not dissimilar from ours at a practical level.

Back to the point at issue...

My guess is that this is a win-win-win for some bad actors in positions of influence. We converted a good but inexperienced volunteer military into professional soldiers in the sense of being conditioned to fighting every day. While not benefiting nationally or generally, we have placed gain from oil in chosen private hands. Same thing with the lithium in Afghanistan. Nothing here not to like if you are a globalist profiting in wealth and political gain from American tax money and blood.
    We aren't fighting in Baghdad. As in, there aren't any publicly known operations in. We're fighting in Afghanistan and Syria. The question posed in the OP supposed that our military was "training," in the Middle East to prepare themselves of urban warfare, related to and insurrection. Well, insurrection isn't a word that has been on very may tongue tips until recently... well after official combat ops had ceased in Baghdad. The title of this thread is "Why Are We Fighting in the Middle East." OP uses the present tense. Baghdad is in the past. Today, we are fighting in the very undeveloped areas of Afghanistan and Syria... places where you find snipers on top of mud huts... if you prefer, I'll throw in stone huts too.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    We aren't fighting in Baghdad. As in, there aren't any publicly known operations in. We're fighting in Afghanistan and Syria. The question posed in the OP supposed that our military was "training," in the Middle East to prepare themselves of urban warfare, related to and insurrection. Well, insurrection isn't a word that has been on very may tongue tips until recently... well after official combat ops had ceased in Baghdad. The title of this thread is "Why Are We Fighting in the Middle East." OP uses the present tense. Baghdad is in the past. Today, we are fighting in the very undeveloped areas of Afghanistan and Syria... places where you find snipers on top of mud huts... if you prefer, I'll throw in stone huts too.
    I will accept your objection to my example. Nevertheless the middle east including Syria have modern cities and while philosophically many there are stuck in 700AD they do have multistory buildings and even running water.

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    When you see this dance of death the world is attending in the Middle East remember that the melding of the three religions into one is a goal being pursued. Once you understand why the creek clears up.
    Its called the ecumenical movement. One world religion is in The Book of Revelations.

Top Bottom