• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    .327 gets you 6 instead of 5 in a smaller package.
    And J frames are just cool.

Outside of that............don't think there's much call for it.
    Rifle? Might as well go .357 mag.

Never was a fan or rifle handgun combos. Kinda boring IMHO.

But I grew up reloading, so a few different cartridges was the norm.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I am a big fan of the 327 mag. I thought that it would go over big. So much for that. I have been trying to get a S&W with a 3" barrel and have not been able to find one. I have seen it advertised on the net but it's always out of stock. I think it would be a good concealed carry gun. I still don't know why it didn't go over better.

the .327 Fed Magnum really is a great little cartridge, I thinkit didn't take off because of the timing of its release and a highly volatile firearms market.
    Hypothetically, if you thought that you weren't going to be able to buy STANDARD capacity semi-autos and you didn't already own a few, you would be much more likely to buy a generic Glock or similar instead of a revolver in a cool new cartridge.
    I like the capacity increase with the 327. Did S&W ever release an 8-shot version?
    Also, a full-power 327 Federal Magnum has more pressure than a 357 magnum, IIRC.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    My dad bought a Ruger BH in .41 mag when I was a kid.. he still has it. It was the first "big gun" I ever shot. (Talking late 70s early 80s here). We still scour the local gunshows when they come to town looking for .41 ammo.
    So I asked my old man "why a .41?" He said because it reminds him of a Colt. So I leave it at that...lol
    He will never get rid of that gun.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Grubbing around in the funatorium.
    Found about fifteen pounds of 215 SWC's, 245 SWC's, 240 round noses... yeah, guess I need a lever action.

Top Bottom