• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Double sack 45s are too beefy for my hands.
    To me, and I own polymer handguns....1911s are the benchmark for all semis.
    At one time I would have agreed , but the king now is Glock which is copied by so many companies now. I am not a hater of any pistol but aside from 1911's trigger they have no advantage when it comes to costs, weight, and capacity. Carry what you want.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    At one time I would have agreed , but the king now is Glock which is copied by so many companies now. I am not a hater of any pistol but aside from 1911's trigger they have no advantage when it comes to costs, weight, and capacity. Carry what you want.

Who copies Glock? From what I’ve seen, nobody copies Glock. Glock is famous for simplicity and every other poly framed gun I’ve seen has been nowhere near as simple as a Glock. Saying that others copy Glock is like saying Glock copied the 1911 by using a finger operated trigger and box magazine.

But, this thread is not about simple molded plastic pistols that are filled with stamped steel parts, no matter how reliable those are. This thread is about an American icon. It’s about American craftsmen honoring that icon by building some of the best pistols that can be had today.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Who copies Glock? From what I’ve seen, nobody copies Glock. Glock is famous for simplicity and every other poly framed gun I’ve seen has been nowhere near as simple as a Glock. Saying that others copy Glock is like saying Glock copied the 1911 by using a finger operated trigger and box magazine.

But, this thread is not about simple molded plastic pistols that are filled with stamped steel parts, no matter how reliable those are. This thread is about an American icon. It’s about American craftsmen honoring that icon by building some of the best pistols that can be had today.
    Glock is a polymer gun, the first mass produced, now how many make a polymer gun? Just about everyone. How many have copied Glock's trigger? A lot. Simplicity Glock wins hands down over everyone. The king stands tall my friend.

This thread is not about 1911's. Look at the title of the thread for your answer.

Why? when there are lighter, more capacity, cheaper, multiple platforms out there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

This point is so glossed over by the very people mentioned in the video that do not see it. This is in no way a comparison as there is none to be made from the content of the Video peoples.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    This point is so glossed over by the very people mentioned in the video that do not see it. This is in no way a comparison as there is none to be made from the content of the Video peoples.
    Agreed. I'm not knocking 1911s, but the question is why? I've owned 1911s but I just can't warm up to them no matter how hard I try.

All guns are a compromise in some form or another. Use the one or ones that work for you. There are pros and cons to them all.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Agreed. I'm not knocking 1911s, but the question is why? I've owned 1911s but I just can't warm up to them no matter how hard I try.

All guns are a compromise in some form or another. Use the one or ones that work for you. There are pros and cons to them all.
    OK but did you watch the video...???

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Glock is a polymer gun, the first mass produced, now how many make a polymer gun? Just about everyone. How many have copied Glock's trigger? A lot. Simplicity Glock wins hands down over everyone. The king stands tall my friend.

This thread is not about 1911's. Look at the title of the thread for your answer.

Why? when there are lighter, more capacity, cheaper, multiple platforms out there.
    Not the first Polymer gun or the first striker fired gun.

Top Bottom