• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Well shotgun season is over and now we move on to muzzleloader season next weekend, who's still trying to get there buck and going on to muzzleloader with me ? I have yet to see a shooter this season... Been thru bow and shotgun and now ready for the up coming muzzleloader season, Im not giving up that easy.... Im hunting the rest of the muzzleloader season on a food source, staying out of the woods and hunting fence rows from here on out... Win or lose !

Tobryan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Lafayette
    As am I. Need to get over to Upland to have my mzldr worked on by manufacturer. Should be in and out and a quick range outing to reset scope I'll be ready for camp Friday night! Good luck, fellas!

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    I think I'll leave the muzzleloader in the safe. I normally break it out but this year I didn't buy the bundle license(brainfart) and this year I bought a crossbow right before archery because of an elbow malfunction. Well I filled my archery tag on a doe so I still have the xbow license. Guess I'll give that a go for late season. I'm with ya on still buck hunting though. I'm gonna give the woods a rest for a while and let things calm down. Then I too will be hunting food sources.

datIANguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2014
    Colfax
    I'm debating. I still have my second archery tag but that's good for a buck or doe and a bonus anterless tag...... Might waste the greenbacks on a muzzleloader tag. Haven't made up the noggin yet. Also depends on if I can actually see deer...... Been 38ish days since I let a little guy walk. Beginning to think it was a bad omen.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I'll be breaking out the TC omega this year. Newly topped off with a bushnell trophy xlt with doa 250 that I got as an upgrade for a banner scope bushnell could not repair.

I bought the bundle and took a funky 10 point this year but I really want a nice corn fed doe. I'll be hunting the cut corn field from now on.

jrose361

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2011
    I will be out next weekend also with my CVA Wolf. I have taken my last 2 deer with it, one each of the last 2 years.
    Was out most of today with my 13year old son walking tree lines and trying to kick up something, more just scouting for the late season or next year (public land)

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I'll be out there. Still want to put an antler less tag to use.
    2012-03-29_20-44-12_427_zpsxvpvz8xt.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    Had not planned on it, but the deer have not been cooperating..... I'll try to make it out a few times but am running low on annual leave from work.

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I will be using my Great Plains rifle with a .490 round ball, .015 greased path and 80 grains of fffg Goex powder. I have seen plenty of bucks but kind of limited on the does running round me.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I'm in. I'll be with my son Saturday trying to fill his last archery tag, then out with the Muzzy's on Sunday at the Crane hunt trying to fill our last gun bag and last of our bundles.

Savage99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Peru
    Yup, count me in. If the weather is nasty I use a Knight .45 DISC. If it is nice, then I use a couple of T/C rifles. One is a White Mountain Carbine in .54 or a Renegade in .50.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Im going with my traditions deer hunter cap lock. hand cast .490 prb over 85gr ffg goex. I'd like to try sending a lee REAL into a deer but dont have time to work up a load.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Another year my Hawkin .50cal will stay in the safe, I've lost all motivation since my son stopped hunting with me (new baby, job, wife, life, etc..), it seems colder when you are hunting alone. Everyone be safe and good luck.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I hunt with my muzzleloader (Savage MLII) for the firearms season as well, and plan on getting out a few times during the ML season. I still need at least one more doe for the freezer and still hoping for a buck. The one I've been after for 2 months got shot by the neighbors last week so I'm a little bummed there. I'm sure there are more out there though.

Top Bottom