Who's going to one of the nicest gun auctions ever?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3Todd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Does anyone have a record for Lot 19? Nobody seems to have a price for it...

My notes say that lot #19 was an FN (model 7?) in 308 Win Mag that brought $2150.

Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with the FN line to say for sure, but that model number looks fishy to me.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    You are correct. If they would have done all guns people would have left sooner which means the money would have left with them. How were they going to sell breakfast lunch and dinner with out the crowd?

0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    I went and was glad that the 7.62 NATO was one of the last things to be sold. A lot of the crowd had thinned and they were selling it 1,000 plus rounds at a time (the largest "lot" was 4k rounds). It was wild and willy but I felt like I walked out with a pretty good overall deal on ammo and mags. The policeman watching the back door got a good laugh with the 10 trips it took to get them all in my car.

I'm still separating out by headstamp (mostly DAG which is very nice shooting stuff) and counting and as of last night was at 8,600 rounds which includes the 2,800 rounds in battle packs (all DAG). My guess is I will end up around 10k rounds for about .35/round.

I also purchased a large tote of magazines. I'm keeping some (like the HK Mark 23 mags), sold my brother the Galil .308 25 mags (these are very hard to find) and am selling the rest in the Classifieds. The way this "lot" was sold is that they just started dumping bags of magazines on a gurney and kept adding them as the bidding was taking place. I purchased the lot based on the Galil mags and shear quantity alone. You literally had about 15 seconds to take it all in and place your bets.

As an earlier member noted, it's unfortunate that they didn't bring in some knowledgeable folks to put the mags with the guns. I was told that when ATF came to the house, they took the magazines out of the pistols that had ammo in them (which most did) and put in a separate container. The folks at Earl's then had to try to match them back up. I'm going to contact Earl's and see if they will give the name and phone number of the winning bidders for the specific guns these magazines go to to try to re-connect them but I will be surprised if they will.

Last edited:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    0750Turbo... Did you get any CZ 75 9mm, 40S&W, CZ97 45 mags? I wanted to bid on some of the mags but didn't even have the guns yet!

Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    I saw that older guy. I think bidder number 213 231 or something. If he didn't already have a johnson collection then he did by the time he left.

I didn't understand why he didn't buy the bayonets that went to his guns. Seems a little incomplete.

It was sad to see the greed of the auction house or the estate at work separating cases, holsters, magazines, bayonets, scopes etc from guns just to make more money. That can really hurt the value of collectible guns when they don't have all their original parts together. I mean really. I don't have one handgun stored that does not at least have one mag in the gun. I do store the rifles with no mags to save on space but handguns.

Probably didn't figure the bayonets were worth it for the price they went. All the Johnson bayonets I saw sell went for $300+ a piece. After the premium and tax they sold for over retail.... Now if the serial #s matched the guns he bought that's a different story.

Top Bottom