• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    News outlets of every nature are reporting that the Mexican Drug Cartels are now targeting popular tourist cities and resorts in order to tap into the $30 Billion Dollar tourist industry. It used to be that the cartels had a code of hands off women and children and tourists; however, that is no longer the case. There are daily reports of cartel violence at places like Cancun where there are gun fights at or near the resorts and nobody is safe. Recently tourists have been robbed, raped, and shot at locations all over Mexico and their national press fails to report many of the incidents. Who in their right mind will go to Mexico on vacation at these targeted resorts and risk it? :dunno:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have no desire to go the resorts because I don't get the fun of resorts. I can sit on a beach and drink myself stupid much closer to home if that's my thing, and that seems to be what people report doing at the resorts.

I am looking at Belize before too much longer, though. I'd love to see the various ruins.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have no desire to go the resorts because I don't get the fun of resorts. I can sit on a beach and drink myself stupid much closer to home if that's my thing, and that seems to be what people report doing at the resorts.

I am looking at Belize before too much longer, though. I'd love to see the various ruins.
    Belize is on my list too…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Or drink yourself to death from contaminated bathtub booze.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Like to hear more.

There are several competitors, though, and some places do a split package where you get X days in a jungle area and X days in a beach area.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

As our uncle Joe would say, come on man, your friends and co-workers won't be impressed by telling them you got stupid drunk in Florida? :stretcher:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I was in my Land Rover in 2015,and a gas station I pulled into had been taken over by the cartel. They only accepted cash and the 50 I gave them(as the guy with the AK was standing behind my truck after he came around the building...and 3 of his armed friends appeared close by) got me about 5 gallons of gas. The guy demanding I pay in cash and stay in the vehicle was polite and spoke perfect English.

Your mileage may vary. It was maybe 2 miles outside of Monterrey on my way back to Texas.

Top Bottom