Who wants (or voted for) UN gun registration?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh, I'm sure the members of Isis-K will register their AK's and AR's that they take from dead Taliban likety split. Same with all the gang bangers in Chiraq, Baltimore, Detroit, Louisville, etc., etc. and all the other Democrat ruled hopeless cities in the USA. God help us.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Who cares?

Who is gonna give em up? (I sold all mine and bought guitars)

It's meaningless and unenforceable. Ladies and Gents, I suggest it's time to stop getting worked up about this garbage. The simple answer is no. "They" have the ability to think it over and decide if "they" want to push into physical conflict. I just don't see that happening. Civil disobedience on a massive scale is the only option available if we hope to maintain any sense of what this country is supposed to be.

Simply ignore their demands. Your local LEO does not have the authority to arrest you for a federal crime (with a few exceptions and even then they need permission to make an actual outright arrest without getting an arrest warrant first). The FBI, DEA & ATF combined don't have the manpower, the federal prosecutor's office is even worse off, to even think about charging the average person for possession of an unregistered firearm or whatever other BS they come up with. P.S. - They don't have the prison space to house .00002% of the newly "guilty". Ain't gonna happen.

I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't contact your legislators, attend meetings or whatever else you find appropriate to let the elected know where you stand. These scumbags are going to "do" whatever they want at the federal level and no one is gonna tell them no or stop them. We can ignore them though and our state legislators can pass legislation telling them to GFT's.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Who cares?

Who is gonna give em up? (I sold all mine and bought guitars)

It's meaningless and unenforceable. Ladies and Gents, I suggest it's time to stop getting worked up about this garbage. The simple answer is no. "They" have the ability to think it over and decide if "they" want to push into physical conflict. I just don't see that happening. Civil disobedience on a massive scale is the only option available if we hope to maintain any sense of what this country is supposed to be.

It's unenforceable because there is no enforcement mechanism. It doesn't create any internal laws. It doesn't create any international laws. It does not have penalties attached to it. It doesn't even create a registry for owners in countries that don't already have one. It is optional even for signatories. Nobody gets "invaded" for not abiding by any of it, even if your country is a signatory.

Seriously, people should read the source document instead of (for some reason) trusting the media's account or giving in to scare tactics. It's absolutely meaningless in the way that most feel good "we did something, yay!" beurocrat ideas are. Oppose it as a waste of money and resources, which it completely is, not as some backdoor mechanism for UN "enforcement actions", which is completely is not.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It's unenforceable because there is no enforcement mechanism. It doesn't create any internal laws. It doesn't create any international laws. It does not have penalties attached to it. It doesn't even create a registry for owners in countries that don't already have one. It is optional even for signatories. Nobody gets "invaded" for not abiding by any of it, even if your country is a signatory.

Seriously, people should read the source document instead of (for some reason) trusting the media's account or giving in to scare tactics. It's absolutely meaningless in the way that most feel good "we did something, yay!" beurocrat ideas are. Oppose it as a waste of money and resources, which it completely is, not as some backdoor mechanism for UN "enforcement actions", which is completely is not.
    Pretty much what I was getting at but I expanded to include whatever new legislation TPTB may put into place.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I've fallen for too much of this crap in the past to get all worked up over without some kind of proof...

Quote:
    "The Biden administration this week signaled that it is eyeing a United Nations small arms treaty that CRITICS CLAIM will lead to an international gun registration plan — including for individual American gun owners."
    :End Quote

"CRITICS CLAIM"
    Anyone verified this is accurate on their own, or is it just lemmings following some conspiracy theory over a cliff again?

Which "Critics"?
    What person/group is making claims that an international agreement (on paper) will lead to registration (and assumed misuse)?

Just wondering if ANYONE did any actual research or this is just propaganda/conspiracy theory nonsense again.

Top Bottom