Who needs the outdoors when I have my front yard?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Once again, I come home from a late night at work in my little Bloomington subdivision and what awaits me in my front yard? Two stupid does. Full sized and stupid as rocks. Now, mind you, I would love to see them in a place I could drop and then eat them, but not in my front yard where all I can do is shoo them off.

And that is the second interaction in three days. The last time it was a coyote if I am correct (it was faster than my flashlight, but I got an eye on the form).

Anyone have a good price on a cattleprod? I am guessing a sharpened pole is illegal inside of town...

:xmad:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Once again, I come home from a late night at work in my little Bloomington subdivision and what awaits me in my front yard? Two stupid does. Full sized and stupid as rocks. Now, mind you, I would love to see them in a place I could drop and then eat them, but not in my front yard where all I can do is shoo them off.

And that is the second interaction in three days. The last time it was a coyote if I am correct (it was faster than my flashlight, but I got an eye on the form).

Anyone have a good price on a cattleprod? I am guessing a sharpened pole is illegal inside of town...

:xmad:
    Bow and arrow?

Do it quickly, precisely, and the neighbors will likely thank you (although I don't know your neighbors so I'm not sure on that).

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    We are over run here in B town I dont have any advice other than campaign for a hunt in the city parks oh well its an idea :)

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Outback II FTW, Tech. Wasn't that the one you won?

Yep! I should have it in hand some time in 2010... Hopefully by summer.

:cool:

I seriously thought of taking the shotgun out of the trunk and clubbing them to death. We were less than 10 yards apart.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hickman's "Silent but Deadly" deer removal service is available upon request....

We can make this an INGO event. Hickman and I can come over take them out, send them to redneckmedic to process and have longbow grill them. WIN WIN WIN.:rockwoot:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Brown County Livestock

I saw this post about deer on Techres' lawn and thought I’d take a picture of each animal I saw around the yard today.

Finches
    2qsrtsp.jpg

Pileated woodpecker
    i760zp.jpg

Squirrels and pigeons. Esrice calls these 'targets!'
    e7xdt0.jpg

Squirrel-proof feeder….Yea right! :rolleyes:
    o0efn.jpg

Turkey
    el77ue.jpg

Deer
    2drv4fl.jpg

I love autumn….I just don’t like what comes next!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I saw this post about deer on Techres' lawn and thought I’d take a picture of each animal I saw around the yard today.

Finches
    2qsrtsp.jpg

Pileated woodpecker
    i760zp.jpg

Squirrels and pigeons. Esrice calls these 'targets!'
    e7xdt0.jpg

Squirrel-proof feeder….Yea right! :rolleyes:
    o0efn.jpg

Turkey
    el77ue.jpg

Deer
    2drv4fl.jpg

I love autumn….I just don’t like what comes next!

Nice selection of wildlife in your yard, although I'm not surprised after seeing your place. Those feeders and pans look familiar, you get those at TSC? ;) I was wondering if those "squirrel proof" sheilds worked or not, now I know :):

Top Bottom