• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Its so easy to give the akids a 50 round clip and let them shoot instead of a single round and make them wait.
    I had the kids on the range with a .22 rifle at about 6 or 7. I enforced safety rules and taught gun responsibility but not much else. They could rip through mags, shoot harmless items or whatever they thought was fun. I dolled up a 10/22 with an aftermarket stock to make it look more interesting but kept the iron sights.

My daughter lost interest quickly and that's fine. My son is 22, continues to take training classes and has become a safe responsible gun owner and will likely remain so into the future.

All we can do is make shooting fun, teach lessons of responsibility that will extend to other areas of life and see of the interest grows.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Both daughters were involved in 4H Shooting Sports. I was a 4H rifle and pistol instructor for thirteen years. Taught 100's of kids and parents over the years. Can highly recommend both 4H and Appleseed as excellent programs.

Top Bottom