Who is a Ted Nugent Fan? If So, What Is Your Favorite Song/s?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I'm a guitar guy myself, my first was a Danelectro Pro 1 made circa 1965. I don't read music, and have been playing for years learning riffs and such via the "mimic" method... Listen and try, listen and try,etc..

To me, Ted's first solo album, with Derek St. Holmes is a classic, and for me anything on that album is what I would pick. "Queen of the Forest" maybe.... I don't know which one is the best..

As for Ted's guitar ability, he's a true master. It's hard to compare skill levels between guitar heroes like Carlos Santana, Leslie West, Peter Frampton, Jimmy Page.. They are all masters of the guitar, just with different styles. Take Randy Bachman, He doesn't hammer like EVH, but he's damn good nonetheless. Same with Bob Welch from the old Fleetwood Mac.

But all around off the hook in all apects and stuff that I believe.. Nuge is the man.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Gotta agree with the whole first solo album (or 8-track.):fogey:

Nugent.jpg

Those songs are what the voices in my head still like listening to.

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    Hey, I'm a huge Nuge fan myself. My favorite songs are Stranglehold, Fred Bear, and Hey Baby. His hunting show on the outdoor channel is the best.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Memory's man.... Memory's...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyvws-nJD0U]YouTube - Ted Nugent Live "Dog Eat Dog" with Dokken's rhythm section[/ame]

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Fred Bear sends shivers down my spine when I listen to it. An uber-fan I used to know told me about when they recorded that song they didn't really write it, just started playing. Then there is the part with the feed-back that supposedly wasn't possible that that guitar & set-up. Think I need to fact check his story, would be cooler if it's true though.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Love Ted!!!

Great performer and wordsmith.

Too many good songs to pick from.....Top 3 Ted tunes would have to be Great White Buffalo, Strangledhold, and Free For All
    Saw him last 4th of July with my teenage son in Detroit. Great show.

Top Bottom