Who do you know that shouldnt own a firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    A guy owning a Ladysmith for himself just isn't right. Did it have pink grips?

Actually quite a nice piece. Please reconsider.

model3913ls.jpg

No...I don't own one.

;)

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Hell no I would not be around someone who cant respect other peoples safety and pay attention to what the hell they are doing. This is the main reason I avoid public shooting ranges and only go with people I know treat weapons seriously and they treat them as they are always loaded, because with all of us they are loaded 24/7

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I invited an acquaintance who I knew to be a LTCH holder that carries daily to go to shooting with me. He declined. During the course of conversation, I asked how often he went to the range. His reply was that he shot the gun once years ago after buying it to ensure that it worked. I asked, "You never go to the range?" He said he knew the gun worked and how to use it, so he saw no purpose.

Later, I heard he had occasion to draw his gun during a crime against property. In the process he shot himself, leaving a wound through and through a limb. :ugh:

When I heard that, I was glad he declined my invitation to go shooting. The guy also has a temperment that I don't consider conducive to carry. Now the only thing that makes me more comfortable being around him is if I make sure that I'm carrying, too.

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    Yeah, the three I work with have NO business around firearms, they don't have the temperament nor the sense to defend themselves...it can't happen here, would never happen to THEM, and so nobody should ever own or carry a firearm, unless of course something DOES happen to one of them, then they should have the Right to carry, but no one else should....

Yikes

I am out....:cool:

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I've got an aquantance, not really a friend, but we generally get along, who has no business owning a firearm. He's always been good to me and my family, and he seems good to his, but his temper can get the better of him. I'm just not sure about his ability to control his emotions with a gun accessible. The great side of him, is that he realizes he has an issue in this area. He admits that he doesn't think he'll ever own one, and if by chance he does buy one he'll never carry. I thanked him for being enough of a person to admit this, and told him that if he can admit it he can probably do something to prevent it. Now in terms of safety, this guy would be very "present" of his actions and his environment. I wouldn't question his ability to handle a gun around me. I've taken him shooting before and we've had a great time. We talk about guns this/that, and though he likes them, he just doesn't think he's ready right now. If he's not ready, then I'm sure not ready for him to have one....

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Judging by the way they handle and/or talk about guns, I think about half the people that come through the gunshop on a given weekend have no business owning them. :dunno:

The Constitution says they have the right, but just because they CAN, doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea.
    i feel that way about half the driver's on the road.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Well, I once had a renter who was a Bachelor's degree RN, and she could NOT figure out an old fashioned, round dial thermostat. Daddy had to come and move her out. If she were to ever buy a firearm... oh my.
    THIS is my mother-in-law. She couldn't figure her way out of a paper bag. But she has a triple masters in education... :ugh:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Fortunately, I support the 2A, and I believe EVERYONE ought to own a gun. In my perfect society, it would be a requirement; ALONG WITH HARDNOSED TRAINING TO BOOT; Cant really rule out criminals since they dont give a spit for the law anyways...

Firearm safety is a must. I've known afew idiots who should seriously think about some safety classes.

As far temperment goes.... I've known alot hotheads, best bet, just dont make them angry.

Top Bottom