• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topash

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Anywhere
    So when we teach all of American history we need to make sure we include such things as American Indian tribes commenting genocide on each other many centuries before Europeans arrived.
    They killed off other tribes for their land, and resources. They took captive the defeated people that they didn't kill will barbaric torture, forced the captives into slavery, where they raped women, and beat, and tortured men, women, and children who were their slaves. This continued until they were defeated in the late 1800's early 1900"s.
    Our education system seldom touches on this dark side of American Indian history. If it does at all today I'd be shocked especially with CRT.
    You are correct it needs to be taught. Every disgusting detail. The Comanche had their torture down to a fine art.
    Or was you thinking of some other history that needs to be taught?

American Indians were not as innocent as many try to make them out to be.
    The narrative promoted in schools that American Indians were a peaceful society before the appearance of Europeans is a myth.

I'll give you some names you can go research real history not the touchy-feely history you desire.

Bernard Bailyn

Steven Pinker
    All of that should be taught. Tribes teach what we did to each other. Our Potawatomi were paid by the U.S. government to kill the Pawnee through a bounty system. We don't back down and try to hide the ugly bits of history. We don't teach touchy, feely crap. The man that the Pokagon Band is named after wasn't potawatomi, but a captive wearing human bones that rose within the tribe. He wasn't a slave but a replacement for lost braves and integrated into the tribe. There are over 500 tribes still existing in the U.S. and their histories should be taught, good and bad. Don't white wash any of it. Don't white wash Mexican and Hawaiian history either. Just teach the truth.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    All of that should be taught. Tribes teach what we did to each other. Our Potawatomi were paid by the U.S. government to kill the Pawnee through a bounty system. We don't back down and try to hide the ugly bits of history. We don't teach touchy, feely crap. The man that the Pokagon Band is named after wasn't potawatomi, but a captive wearing human bones that rose within the tribe. He wasn't a slave but a replacement for lost braves and integrated into the tribe. There are over 500 tribes still existing in the U.S. and their histories should be taught, good and bad. Don't white wash any of it. Don't white wash Mexican and Hawaiian history either. Just teach the truth.
    History is taught by the winners and that's not unique to America.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Help me understand a few things please. So were you living when this history was being written? And do you have first hand knowledge that this is in fact a racial point of view? Were you apart of all the migration that was going on at that time? Was there truly a lot of pure Caucasian people that were writing all this history that we have read in our lifetime? I can say with all honestly that I am not even close to being 100% Caucasian. And my kids defiantly aren't. I look as white as the next person. But here is one thing no one that sees things your way has ever been able to make me understand. How can we as a people live together if some of us are always pointing out our differences instead of what we all have in common?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Don't forget long before the US government was the French, Spainish, and British.
    Indian tribes took the modern firearms, and used them to help defeat each other. American Indians used Europeans to gain the upper hand on their enemies.
    It's not all US.
    Its also Indians who did things to bring it on themselves.
    War was a way of life for most Indian tribes. I say most because there were a few who tried to live peacefully.
    Saying Europeans started the fight and Indians were innocent is hogwash.
    Since the fall of man all human beings doesn't matter skin pigmentation have carnal nature.
    That leads to all the wrongs since history has been written.
    It doesn't matter what skin pigmentation, or culture a person is from, all have done wrong to their fellow man at some point in history.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    If you pay federal taxes, you are finding my health, dental, and vision services and other services through Indian Health Services. Thanks for the contribution.
    Theft by any other name is probably called taxes. Maybe we should change the native american welfare state and stop acting like we feel guilty for winning. When the Chinese army and navy are here running things, you'll be begging for our assistance, instead of trolling on the websites that stand up for your right to defend yourself.
    Perhaps we should line up shoulder to shoulder and try and prevent that, hmm?

Last edited by a moderator:

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Don't forget long before the US government was the French, Spainish, and British.
    Indian tribes took the modern firearms, and used them to help defeat each other. American Indians used Europeans to gain the upper hand on their enemies.
    It's not all US.
    Its also Indians who did things to bring it on themselves.
    War was a way of life for most Indian tribes. I say most because there were a few who tried to live peacefully.
    Saying Europeans started the fight and Indians were innocent is hogwash.
    Since the fall of man all human beings doesn't matter skin pigmentation have carnal nature.
    That leads to all the wrongs since history has been written.
    It doesn't matter what skin pigmentation, or culture a person is from, all have done wrong to their fellow man at some point in history.
    Let us not forget that the first slave owner was black, And many black people around the time this country was founded was capturing their own people to sale to Europeans to bring here for the slave trade. There is good and bad people thru out history. But to say history is white washed when none of us were living at the time to conderdict it makes it either a point of view or propaganda. This is my opinion.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    So we're being defined and described by the whining liberal communist ....they have no clue.
    We are the norm and have hundreds if not thousands of years of history behind us.
    I think the intent of the original post was more a statement of what the liberals consider wildly inappropriate is actually the common, normal, traditional beliefs and values of the American people, regardless of what or where they were before they became American, and the history of us having those beliefs. They come from hard work, religion and common sense.

This argument about what's taught in schools and actual history and race wrongdoing is interesting but it's a classic act of wild animals throwing dung and I doubt anyone's changing their views because of it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Folks, these sorts of threads certainly get our blood pressure up.

Keep it civil.
    My BP was up, I'd forgotten to take my Losartan this AM ;) FULL DISCLOSURE: I was on BP meds (med, just one, 1 each) before becoming a Mod. Still just take one.

It is good we have a place to discuss controversial issues. To continue to have a place to discuss controversial issues? Between the ditches we must stay.

Back to the subject of the thread. More to follow, I have to figure out whether it will be in purple or not.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Listening to the two authors of the book in that clip I have to wonder how much time they have actually spent in rural areas. Their backgrounds read like solid urban experience to me and they denounce rural people as apostates and heretics. Maybe they just denounce anybody who does not fall into lock step with their viewpoint.

I enjoy rural life and while these two authors paint a picture of rural people as being part of some fifth column, my experience is that most just want to be left alone.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My BP was up, I'd forgotten to take my Losartan this AM ;) FULL DISCLOSURE: I was on BP meds (med, just one, 1 each) before becoming a Mod. Still just take one.

It is good we have a place to discuss controversial issues. To continue to have a place to discuss controversial issues? Between the ditches we must stay.

Back to the subject of the thread. More to follow, I have to figure out whether it will be in purple or not.

Docs have me on the same stuff, but they have been reducing and eliminating my meds steadily the last 6 months. Hoping I can get med free, but at 67 I'm not counting on it.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Listening to the two authors of the book in that clip I have to wonder how much time they have actually spent in rural areas. Their backgrounds read like solid urban experience to me and they denounce rural people as apostates and heretics. Maybe they just denounce anybody who does not fall into lock step with their viewpoint.

I enjoy rural life and while these two authors paint a picture of rural people as being part of some fifth column, my experience is that most just want to be left alone.
    I have been back and fourth between city and out in the country my whole life. It's my experience that people in both places just want to be left alone, just in different aspects. Since I've been back to the country living. I would not give it up for anything. I have great neighbors that I don't see every single day. It's quiet and a slow pace of life. Traffic isn't a problem and I have room to breath outside. I am as happy with my life than I ever have been. But let these liberal wacks call me anything. Words only have power if you are the one giving them power.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    If you pay federal taxes, you are finding my health, dental, and vision services and other services through Indian Health Services. Thanks for the contribution.
    @topash

And that is a problem. Neither you, nor anyone else outside my family and charities I choose to fund have a right to the fruits of my labor.

I'm more than happy to pay for the VA, the non graft portion of Medicare / Medicaid, and of course defense, but my willingness to fund the rest rapidly falls off after that.

Obamacare, nope, not interested in funding that or Indian health services. The Indian Health Service (IHS), within the Department of Health and Human Services, can go bye bye along with the department of education and a host of others.

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Would you rather be living in tee-pees and using stones for weapons?

Top Bottom