• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I have an enclosed porch on the back of my house that has issues. It was built like a deck with wood posts at the four corners for support, then fully enclosed with windows, drywall, and ceramic tile flooring. I believe the posts and whatever is underneath them are slowly sinking. Who would I call to have the porch shored up with concrete footers?

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I have an enclosed porch on the back of my house that has issues. It was built like a deck with wood posts at the four corners for support, then fully enclosed with windows, drywall, and ceramic tile flooring. I believe the posts and whatever is underneath them are slowly sinking. Who would I call to have the porch shored up with concrete footers?
    So...I have to ask...What is telling you it is sinking?....the devil is in the details......also how old is the porch and the house?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    So...I have to ask...What is telling you it is sinking?....the devil is in the details......also how old is the porch and the house?
    The house was built in 1921. The porch was added in the 80s or 90s but I donxt know exactly when. I believe it is sinking because the drywall joints are separating in places where the walls meet the ceiling.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Is there space for a human (smaller than you) to get under it? Otherwise whoever you do end up hiring is going to backhoe the perimeter of the room. And that will be full of suck.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A good general contractor should be able to fix it and or tell you if you need the foundation company. If you call the foundation company first they will definitely find a nail to hit with the only hammer they have.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok. What general contractor would have time for this?
    Right now it is hard to say. I know a couple of small outfits and they are flat out. I will have to squeeze in between jobs to get the back of the terrorists house re-roofed. Started late and weather stopped us. Now its time and its hard to get anyone. Even if you know them.

Top Bottom