• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I have two Lower parts kits on order that should be here next week and two White Oak tuned RRA 2 stage 3.5# triggers that should be here in time.

My question is what buffer/buffer tubes do I need if I plan to put a Mugpul CTR on one lower and a Magpul PRS on the other?

Both stripped lowers are brand new RRA.

Thanks!!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    For the CTR, just make sure you get the correct buffer tube and stock combo. There are commercial spec and milspec tube diameters and CTRs for both.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    For the CTR, just make sure you get the correct buffer tube and stock combo. There are commercial spec and milspec tube diameters and CTRs for both.

Thanks, that is my question.

When look at the buffers to order one they have different ones. Anyone know which one I need for each? I will probably order them from Brownells with my discount unless I can find a good quality one cheaper somewhere else.

When you order the Magpul stocks I think they come without the buffer so I have to buy it seperate, at least thats what I think.

Thanks

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    Did you order the commercial or mil spec stocks? You can get either for both stocks. You have to know what you ordered first. I would just look through your sales receipts.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    When look at the buffers to order one they have different ones. Anyone know which one I need for each?

• The CTR requires a carbine-length receiver extension (commonly called the "buffer tube") of either the mil-spec or commercial-spec diameter; just make sure your CTR and receiver extension are of the same type. As for the buffer itself, if you're running a 16" carbine, my recommendation is to go with at least an "H" buffer. If you want to experiment on down the road, conventional wisdom says to use the heaviest buffer that will allow your gun to cycle reliably with the weakest ammo you are likely to shoot (for most folks, that's Wolf). All of my carbines run 100% with a 9mm buffer (5.4oz; heaviest conventional buffer you can get) shooting Wolf ammo.

• The PRS stock requires a rifle-length receiver extension and buffer. There really aren't any variables here, like there are with the carbine-length components.

Buffer and tube goodness:
    Bravo Company USA, Inc. AR-15, M16, M4 Tactical Gear, Parts, Accessories.

Top Bottom