• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matthewdanger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    M&P, Glock 17, or Glock 19. Since you don't want a Glock, I guess that leaves the M&P.

I would do a lot of reading on the XD before considering one. Look for the opinions and experiences of well respected trainers like Todd Louis Green, Pat Roger, Ken Hackathorn, Larry Vickers, and others. I suspect there will be a fair amount of feedback from people like them.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The Xdm is a great platform. The only downside to me is the size, and weight. They now have the 3.8", which feels more like my Xd. Personally for me I like my carry guns to have no bigger then a 4" barrel. You may want to give a look at the m&p. It's lighter weight, and the slide is a bit slimmer. As for the 92, my Dad owned one at one time. Never had any problems with it. If you want to go that rout, I would recommend the Beretta. It's a little more on price, but I think the fit and finish is better.

WEB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    Carmel
    go to a local range, rent what you are interested in and shoot it. Or find someone you know that owns a variety and try. Pick what you shoot the best, and most natural pointing FOR YOU.

Be Safe

buzzard pickins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Out by the Prague pond
    Taurus809review.jpg

NICE, is that called 360 MOA ?

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I really like the XD's but I think I prefer the M&P's a little better myself.

theboss365

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    PLYMOUTH
    I LOVE MY TAURUS! O and I love my wifes too.
    She has a pt911 that shoots great
    I have a 24/7 in .40 that I love which is ironic because I really didn't want a polomer, but it felt right.
    thats the thing. Make sure it feels right in your hand.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I carry the Walther PPS, very concealable and comfortable to carry IWB. It can even be carried inside front pocket which I've done a few times as long as your pants aren't too tight. lol As far as the 9 just making them mad, I beg to differ. It's all about shot placement and how well you handle your firearm. I do agree that the 9 would be the minimum for carrying purposes.

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    go and hold as many as you can and pick the one that suits your needs and fits your hand the best. xdm's, m&p's, SR9's, etc. are all great guns that would perform well for you. It's gotta be what you want and like.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I love my 9mm's. Currently my goto one would have to be my M&P 9C which has performed perfectly out of the box. It is such a pleasure to shoot, comfortable and accurate. I recently got a Kimber Ultra CDP II that will share the carrying role with my M&P. It feels even better in hand than the M&P but I have yet to fire it so I cannot comment on it's performance.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    M&P 9mm Pro Series (4.25" barrel)

Hands down, this is the best 9mm I have owned (and I have owned MANY).

Shot this gun for the first time today and was digging holes at speed with it.

Trust me, Smith & Wesson got this one RIGHT!

Vanguard.45

Top Bottom