• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Do you mean Chicago's Pizza? The home base was in Greenfield, and for years they had a handful of restaurants around the state. Back in the early to mid-90s they had a really cool restaurant on the south spoke of Monument Circle in downtown Indy. In recent years they have been expanding, which is nice to see. They have some really good pizza.

Another one that I recently tried is MacKenzie River up in Castleton. I hear a Carmel store is coming. Thought about eating at one in Montana back in '07 but skipped it. A few years later, someone decided to bring a franchise here. Ate there two times in a month, pretty good pizza.

Also, Brozinni down near I-65 at County Line Rd. near Greenwood has good pizza-by-the slice. Another decent place is Mellow Mushroom up in Carmel. MM has expanded in recent years, and they have become basically a regional small scale chain.

I didn't care for Big Woods. It didn't taste bad, but it is a thin crust pizza and the sauce reminded me of a few other small town pizza places. The Harvest Moon place was good a few years back, but pricy (this was before Big Woods opened up). When we take a trip to Nashville and we want pizza on the way home, we go into Columbus and eat at Zwanzigz Pizza.

All these pizza places that everyone has been naming off I'm bookmarking for possible future trips. I have eaten so much pizza in my life, I love trying new places. So far, the only places we have ventured to outside of the Indy metro area is Nashville and Columbus. I've heard of some of the other places, just have never gotten around to get in the car and go try them.

It's the chain smokingman mentions in post 72.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    My favorite "pizza" is a Giordano's plain cheese deep dish. My favorite "pizza place" is Greek's Pizzeria just South West of the intersection of Stop 11 & Emerson Ave behind Ritters. The staff are friendly and welcoming and they love it when I OC there.

bakeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Linton, IN
    Bobe's in Vincennes is awesome. I used to go there alot when i was in school there and get the lunch special. Its pretty rare, but when i have a weekday off and im not busy, i try to get down there and eat for lunch.

Mother bears in bloomington is pretty good.

I am really suprised that i have seen monicals several times. yuck!

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    This is not the same one that is on W 16th St. is it? That place looks like you may catch something walking in!

I don't know if the Pasquale's in the metro area are related or not. There was one on the east side back in the early to mid 90s, maybe even as early as the 80s. I recall eating there a lot in my pre-teen and teen years. It eventually closed, but three remained that I knew of: Greenwood, the one near Univ. of Indy, and the one in Speedway. The ones in Speedway and Univ. of Indy, at least in the past, looked like older, hole in the wall places. The one in Greenwood was nice, but recently moved from their place near the mall (I'm not even sure if they are still open). One reappeared on the east side in a gas station, then moved into a strip mall.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    My favorite "pizza" is a Giordano's plain cheese deep dish. My favorite "pizza place" is Greek's Pizzeria just South West of the intersection of Stop 11 & Emerson Ave behind Ritters. The staff are friendly and welcoming and they love it when I OC there.

There are two Greek's in Muncie. They're my favorite here. Me and my girlfriend like Harvest Moon Pizzeria in Nashville when we go down there too.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Never had it and just down the road from me. Will have to give it a try.

Its is right down the road from where I grew up, it is basically the ordinary pizza. Rumor has is that the cook at round the corner had worked at the ordinary at one point and brought the recipe there. Like I said, rumor has it...I dont know how much truth is involved in that statement.

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    call me a suck-up ... but my wife make the best pizza around ... dont know whats in it ...dont ask whats in it... just eat it all !!!

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    I don't know if the Pasquale's in the metro area are related or not.

They are all related and the Greenwood one moved to a strip mall just south of County Line on Emerson. It has strip mall character, so nothing like the old building.

I don't much care for their pizza but like their chef salad.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I rather like Mellow Mushroom over in Carmel and well as Tony Sacco's. They're not the best pizza I've ever had, but they're as good as it gets around here.

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    My favorite has always been Lena's in western NY. Small dingy little pizza place with no where to even sit. Its been there since I can remember. the BEST pizza and chicken wings you can find. Have to have it at least once anytime I go back home to visit family.

Top Bottom