• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Standing outside kroger in btown, he was smoking a cig, dressed nicely older guy looked like an LCP in a very boxy looking holster.
    he noticed i was eyeing him and kept his gaze. We didnt talk though. Gf said i should start OC more regularly when we walked in the door

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    While at the self-checkout at Thompson/Emerson Kroger, guy on the next one says, "Sir, are you law enforcement?"

I answer "Nope", and he says "Thank you for practicing your 2nd amendment rights."

Nice guy, couldn't tell immediately if he was carrying as well. Was with his wife and kid, I assume.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I saw a comedian once who said he loved Chik-Fil-A so much that he'd punch a baby if they would open on Sunday for him.

Not the thread for it, but I saw a comedian who said that they are also open on Sundays in heaven and, in h**l, they are closed everyday with the devil inside the window eating in full view of everyone, smacking his lips and making a big production of it.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Yesterday I had to run to BMV here in Greenfield and OC'd my Glock 22. As I was walking out of BMV another gentleman that walked out in front of me and turned and said...
    Him: How did you get away with that?
    Me: What do you mean?
    Him: Walking into a federal building with a gun in your hip?
    Me: BMV is not considered a federal building, at most they're state ran and most aren't even that, they city or county ran; so they can't prohibit carry.
    Him: Really? Learned something new, thanks for the info. Have a great weekend!

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Went to the Johnny Appleseed Festival in Fort Wayne today. I wore my Western-style holster with my Uberti reproduction of the Single-Action Army Colt. I also wore my Cowboy-style hat and a vest like the old-timers wore back in the day. It was my attempt at being "in character" to a limited degree.

While enjoying some Navy beans & ham with cornbread I noticed a LEO standing off to the side watching me. I said nothing about him, not to him, but I asked my wife where she wanted to go next. I noticed that the LEO continued to watch me as we discussed out next move. Finally, I told my wife, "let's move. We can discuss it as we go." She was surprised, but surmised what I wanted to do. She had seen LEO watching me also.

We wandered past the other eating booths, past the children's play area, to the Civil War encampment. I stopped to listen to a re-enactor dressed as an Indiana Infantry regiment explain the various rifles he and his men were using. The man new his stuff about percussion rifles, and the change from smooth bore muskets, so I stayed a bit to listen. Soon, I noticed the LEO had caught up with me, and was having a serious conversation with another member of the "regiment." I debated approaching LEO to introduce myself, and to put his mind at east by explaining that I had talked with the people hosting the festival previously (last year actually) and they were fine with me wearing my western attire and my SA Army Colt, but I decided there was no point in opening the ball.

Wife and I walked on to the various other regiments, stopping to talk to the Confederate regiment, and to observe the cannon being fired. Never did see LEO again, so I guess he was finally at peace with my actions.

Tip of the hat to LEO. Did his job, but troubled no one. A good time was had by all. If you have never been to the festival, try it. You will have a good time.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Outed by another co-worker today. "Saw you in BP yesterday, so weird seeing you standing there with a gun."

I just softly chuckled, and she changed the subject.

Almost got spotted by my boss the other day, but I think I was standing at an angle where he might not have seen it.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Outed by another co-worker today. "Saw you in BP yesterday, so weird seeing you standing there with a gun."

I just softly chuckled, and she changed the subject.

Almost got spotted by my boss the other day, but I think I was standing at an angle where he might not have seen it.

I ran into a coworker while open carrying a few years back and at first I had one of those, "how will this play out?" moments. Then I remembered I was walking the floor of the NRA convention and she handed me a flyer in support of the Illinois Shooting Sports Foundation so it was all good.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    New cashier at Subway noticed my carry, said "Is that a Glock 19?"

"Yep."

"Nice that's what I have."

"Do they let you carry here?"

"Hah no."

"Ah that's unfortunate."

The manager at the Subway has seen me carry for years now, she's very cool with it. Probably a corporate policy against it, as most businesses would have.

This is the same Subway I had my OC incident with police years ago.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Crew Carwash, Taco Bell, Speedway, Starbucks on Southport Rd.

While waiting for my drink, a guy asked what I was carrying. Asked about caliber, capacity, why I choose to OC instead of CC, etc. Said he didn't know OC was legal in Indy, talked a little about gun weights and whatnot. Good encounter

Top Bottom