• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    So far this year seems like duck numbers are down. Goose Pond had some good numbers towards the start of the season but have significantly dropped down. From the DU reports looks like a lot of people aren't having much luck either. Starting to get a little worried they are all migrated or they are still up north and are gonna wait to Jan to start really moving ha.

Any input from other duck hunters?

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Hey guy, I moved from TRAVERSE CITY MICHIGAN last year and I still have property up there.I talk to my neighbor up there, and he says they dont have any snow, thats why they are not moving, dont have to.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Best I can tell the birds are still up north. It hasn't gotten cold enough up there to give them that nudge.

Im not real happy about it. I don't get to hunt much past the first week of January due to show season. It looks like this year might just be a bust for me.

grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Hey guy, I moved from TRAVERSE CITY MICHIGAN last year and I still have property up there.I talk to my neighbor up there, and he says they dont have any snow, thats why they are not moving, dont have to.

Are the lakes up there freezing yet?

Thats what I was kinda thinking. A lot of reports from up north were saying that they were doing really well. Hopefully they make it down before end of season.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Shallow lakes in WI and MI froze but are now thawing. Deeper water lakes have been open.

Ducks don't want to migrate. They are forced to migrate. Migrating is hard and takes lots of effort. Staying where you are does not. And ducks and geese can handle unbelievably cold weather being covered in down and all.

But they need open water to rest and drink. When that freezes they have to move.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I've been hiking on the K3 river last three mornings. Plenty of guys out hunting. Didn't hear a single shot fired.

Top Bottom