• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanSwanky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Springfield
    I don't have much faith that the majority of our society would be able to recognize the "Saturation point." It seems like we will just continue business as usual no matter how hot the water gets because those in charge have learned how easily placated we are.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Bunch of crap. The faults in our "democracy" stem from citizens not paying enough attention to their government; from the inherent "sinfulness" of mankind when not surrounded by ethical mores and laws. we need to take back control of our governments at all levels, but it's the culture which has to change before the political situation changes.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I don't have much faith that the majority of our society would be able to recognize the "Saturation point." It seems like we will just continue business as usual no matter how hot the water gets because those in charge have learned how easily placated we are.

I agree with this. Many people willingly accept the War on Drugs against substances of minor impact like marijuana simply under the argument 'it's illegal'. Once upon a time it was illegal to drink a beer, for a black person to marry a white, etc. That narrow-mindedness wearing blinders mentaility is what will allow politicians to continue to assault our rights.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Bunch of crap. The faults in our "democracy" stem from citizens not paying enough attention to their government; from the inherent "sinfulness" of mankind when not surrounded by ethical mores and laws. we need to take back control of our governments at all levels, but it's the culture which has to change before the political situation changes.
    I disagree. You ignore the desire by groups from all parts of the political spectrum to have the government outlaw whatever they do not like. Thus we end up with more and more laws outlawing more and more things. The vast majority of which had no business being made into laws in the first place.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I disagree. You ignore the desire by groups from all parts of the political spectrum to have the government outlaw whatever they do not like. Thus we end up with more and more laws outlawing more and more things. The vast majority of which had no business being made into laws in the first place.

THIS world we live in, is NOT utopia. People die, regardless, from what... The Govt., cannot protect us, from ourselves.... Though, some think that is their job...

Get off my back, and let me live my life.....

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This. All of this.

Until 48 years ago, my marriage would have been illegal.
    Until 82 years ago, I wouldn't have been able to legally drink a beer.

If it weren't for people challenging laws that do nothing but criminalize non-violent behavior that harms no second party, we'd be living in a complete nanny state (not that we aren't now, but it'd be much worse). Nanny state laws are nothing but another form of taxation on the populace.

I agree with this. Many people willingly accept the War on Drugs against substances of minor impact like marijuana simply under the argument 'it's illegal'. Once upon a time it was illegal to drink a beer, for a black person to marry a white, etc. That narrow-mindedness wearing blinders mentaility is what will allow politicians to continue to assault our rights.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Everything was legal until it was made illegal, including murder, theft, and rape.

Two points. First, malum in se crimes (such as murder, rape, and theft) are inherently wrong, and are wrong regardless of what the law says. It is malum prohibitum laws that represent opportunity for corruption and encroachment of government on individual liberty.

Second, the tyranny of the majority/mob rule is the reason that our country was founded as a constitutional republic, and not as a democracy. In theory, the ability of government to act on corruption and to encroach on individual liberty is kept in check by the Rule of Law, as codified in the constitution. The more we try to turn our country into a democracy, the less the constitution keeps government overreach in check.

Top Bottom