When Does Indiana pass the armed-minuteman-force law to protect RKBA?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I'm confused. If it's a "God given right" then why does it require all the laws and legislature? Why was it that mortal men wrote the 2A, and how could mortal men take it away or alter it? I just find it odd that people mix the ability to defend yourself with religion, because it makes zero sense on so many levels. When firearms and ammo start magically materializing right in front of my eyes then I'll eat my hat. I'm not greedy....I'd settle for steel cased ammo and a no-name AR.
    This God-given right, (Natural Right) needed legislation because for all of recorded time, tyrants, despots, and dictators have used force to keep people from freely exercising their Natural Rights. The United States Constitution was supposed to protect these rights from government infringements. Unfortunately, there are those in government who lie, twist and distort the meaning of the U.S. Bill of Rights and the government's authority to restrict these rights, or, they just ignore the Constitution and dare us to do anything about it.

This gets "mixed" with religion because, as one might expect, since a great many of those who came to the new world, came in order to worship freely, the Founders were largely Christian men and women, and the United States was formed as a Christian Republic. The Declaration of Independence is beautiful in it`s eloquence, for example: We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --

It says we are endowed by our Creator...Capital "C", meaning Almighty-God. It was made clear that faith and worship were extremely important to them, and they expected it to be extremely important to us.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    From the piece: “Not only is it a distraction from those common-sense solutions, but it’s a nod towards extremists in our community and I don’t think the government should be in the business of that.”

The valiant men who Founded this great Republic were called "Extremists", by the government too...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    From the piece: “Not only is it a distraction from those common-sense solutions, but it’s a nod towards extremists in our community and I don’t think the government should be in the business of that.”

The valiant men who Founded this great Republic were called "Extremists", by the government too...
    I believe we have reached the point where anyone to the right of AOC is an extremist according to our corrupt leftist media and present occupiers of government.

Top Bottom