• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    About 45 years ago when I was around ten years old, an Uncle who was instrumental in creating my interest in firearms passed away suddenly and at a relatively young age.

Today through the generosity of one of his daughters and his grandson I was able to purchase a gun from his collection. It’s a 4” S&W pre Model 10 made between 1948 and 1952 and under those ugly faux stags grips is a round butt frame.

It joins a 12 gauge, field grade Winchester Model 12 that was his also. That gun came to me as a Christmas gift from my parents when I was 12 years old. That old gun is my go to dove and rabbit gun. I’ve also killed some ducks using bismuth shot in it.

They also threw in his old leather range box that was filled with an assortment of ammo, cleaning supplies and a holster. I’m so happy to have another piece of my uncle’s life in my care. I can’t wait to get some more tasteful grips on it and take it to the range. I guarantee every pull of the trigger will put a smile on my face as I remember Les and what he started with me.

D103A638-E39C-4BC2-9EF0-FF52D96C2D01.jpeg

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    just found a smith & wesson 38/44 1st year production light turn line bright bore no end shake and not reamed to. 357 ,with 5" barrel
    R2ptAS9.jpg

IzkFV7l.jpg

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    The first handgun I ever bought because of watching Starsky and Hutch. A mid 1970's version I bought used about 1983 for $410. Also first carry gun for a short time in a shoulder holster. Had Hogue rubber grips before putting the originals back on for it to sit in the back of the safe. I'll shoot it again with 38's.

IMG_4427.JPG

45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Two of my favorites. S&W 329PD & 340PD
    View attachment 269076
    The Hogue Tamer grips make all the difference in handling the recoil.
    The Tamer is awesome. I got one for my 642 but had to go back to the original grip for better pocket-carry concealment. In fact, I even traded in the 642 for a 442 to get better concealment with the black frame vs the silver of the 642. If I had bigger pockets the Hogue Tamer covers all the silver from showing in the pocket opening.

The Tamer has two huge benefits:

1. it adds a space for a third finger on the grip
    2. It puts a thick layer of rubber over the backstrap to buffer your hand from recoil.

It also looks great.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    The Tamer is awesome. I got one for my 642 but had to go back to the original grip for better pocket-carry concealment. In fact, I even traded in the 642 for a 442 to get better concealment with the black frame vs the silver of the 642. If I had bigger pockets the Hogue Tamer covers all the silver from showing in the pocket opening.

The Tamer has two huge benefits:

1. it adds a space for a third finger on the grip
    2. It puts a thick layer of rubber over the backstrap to buffer your hand from recoil.

It also looks great.
    I agree 100%. I have a couple sets of boot style grips for the 340PD for concealment.
    I primarily carry these guns in the woods and around the farm, so concealment isn't a big priority.

Top Bottom