• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Until you fire 5 rounds. You'll wish it weighed 33 oz.

Agreed. I have a 640 that I've put the Apex kit in for summer time carry. It's all steel, and even it is a handful with 357. Can't imagine how a lightweight would be with a magnum round... probably not a lot different than squeezing the primer with a pair of pliers!

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    Another 1911 probably a commander this time

why ? because we all know you should NEVER trust your life to one of those things, I mean after all they have a manual safety, and limited magazine capacity, and they Jam ALL the time !

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I am poor, so the Canik TP9SA has caught my eye. ISO 9000 standards manufacturing, great reviews, the only negative I have seen so far is concerns about the decocker

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Now that I have my XDs, I'm looking forward to a 4 inch .357. I'd prefer a Ruger but won't rule out a Smith if I find the right deal. Although a 2 inch snubbie in 38 could be a possibility also.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am poor, so the Canik TP9SA has caught my eye. ISO 9000 standards manufacturing, great reviews, the only negative I have seen so far is concerns about the decocker
    I think my Brother bought one. Is it imported by EAA? If not, he bought the Tanfoglio version which, I am pretty sure, in an exact duplicate. He likes it very much. It's one of the best stock triggers I have tried in a while.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I think my Brother bought one. Is it imported by EAA? If not, he bought the Tanfoglio version which, I am pretty sure, in an exact duplicate. He likes it very much. It's one of the best stock triggers I have tried in a while.

The TP9 is imported by Century Arms..

Just found this.. hmm

tp9sa_table_top_poster_for_dealers_final_1_1.jpg

$289.99
    +29.99 shipping
    -25.00 Rebate
    -------------------
    $294.98 + transfer fee

Wow, not bad

Last edited:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    From what I've fondled, the Tanfoglio and Canik are on different levels. The Tanfoglio is a pretty dang nice gun. The Canik is a fine handgun, but not on the level of the Tanfoglio.

As for the thread.....My next will be a blued 6" Smith 586 in 357. Preferably a pre-lock. But it's going to be a solid 4 months before I can save up enough to start looking. Blew all my spending money on my Wizardized CZ SP-01. Gotta get the spending fund built back up now.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    From what I've fondled, the Tanfoglio and Canik are on different levels. The Tanfoglio is a pretty dang nice gun. The Canik is a fine handgun, but not on the level of the Tanfoglio.

As for the thread.....My next will be a blued 6" Smith 586 in 357. Preferably a pre-lock. But it's going to be a solid 4 months before I can save up enough to start looking. Blew all my spending money on my Wizardized CZ SP-01. Gotta get the spending fund built back up now.

I bet you would have liked the one I sold for $275. Still kicking myself for that sale.:(

22 years ago!:)

I really want one with a 4" barrel.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'd like my next gun to be a smaller 9mm. Maybe the Shield or the Glock 43. But that won't be happening anytime soon, unless I sell my Glock 17. And I don't THINK I want to do that.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    $275 @ a conservative 7% profit compounded annually for 22 years is $1218. I'd say you did well if you invested smart. You would have made enough money to buy another AND a bunch of ammo and a reloading setup to feed it :cool:

And yes, I would LOVE to find a 22 year old Smith 586 that was well taken care of.

I bet you would have liked the one I sold for $275. Still kicking myself for that sale.:(

22 years ago!:)

I really want one with a 4" barrel.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

I don't believe the TP9 is made by Tangfolio at all. Perhaps you are thinking of one of the CZ clones?

The TP9 is made in an ISO 9000 certified factory and every review raves about the quality. The only thing they seem to dislike is the decocker.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    The TP9 is a Canik. Birds wasn't sure of whether his brother got a Canik or Tanfo clone. I was simply stating that the Tanfos are leagues better than the Caniks. And if BA was impressed by the trigger, I'm almost certain it wasn't a Canik unless it was modded.

I don't believe the TP9 is made by Tangfolio at all. Perhaps you are thinking of one of the CZ clones?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The TP9 is a Canik. Birds wasn't sure of whether his brother got a Canik or Tanfo clone. I was simply stating that the Tanfos are leagues better than the Caniks. And if BA was impressed by the trigger, I'm almost certain it wasn't a Canik unless it was modded.

Gotcha

singlemalt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Frankfort
    A friend of mine has a HK USP in 9mm and I like shooting it. A little spendy i know but I'd sort of like to have one of my own. Won't be anytime soon though. The Boss n I just finished a kitchen remodel and man that was SPENDY! Course if the Boss ain't happy ain't nobody happy! ;-)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A friend of mine has a HK USP in 9mm and I like shooting it. A little spendy i know but I'd sort of like to have one of my own. Won't be anytime soon though. The Boss n I just finished a kitchen remodel and man that was SPENDY! Course if the Boss ain't happy ain't nobody happy! ;-)
    Turns out you get in trouble when you say stuff like that last statement to the inlaws.

Top Bottom