• JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    Ever since I joined a few months ago Im getting constantly
    asked for more money.

Its getting quit ridicules, I even had to spam them because of the constant emails.

I get letters every other week for something with a money request.

They need to spend more time and money on our cause instead of constantly hitting up current members for more cash. Heck I got a letter 2 weeks
    after I joined for more cash. Give it a rest!

Jimmy

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Director on the Board for the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association. Have never received a single e-mail from the NRA. The only solicitation that I have received is my dues statement for Golden Eagle and once a year from PVF.

I receive nothing, but you are bombarded?:dunno:

I would call someone in Virginia and tell them to turn off the switch.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Yeah I'm a life member and I rarely get any mail from the NRA much less emails. You need to ask them to stop.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    That and the "opportunity" to buy their overpriced crap is exactly why I haven't renewed my membership in years .

Nowadays I throw their mail right in the trash .

I'm guessing you don't donate to many charitable organizations either. Because every not for profit spams requests for donations. Every one. Some use less of their budget on solicitations the others but they all do it.

If you are a gun owner and choose not to donate to the NRA because you get too many letters and emails, I pray you're donating to other groups like GOA or NRA-ILA. Because if you've been paying attention you have seen the folks who wish for nothing more than to eliminate all private firearms ownership are well funded and not stopping.

Seems silly to me to complain about some junk mail when the stakes are so high.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    The fundraising is annoying, but they are doing good work. One look at the opponents of the 2A ought to be enough for you to put up with their fundraising. Besides, the opposition is WELL funded, with billionaires like George Soros and Mayor Bloomberg. When you understand the context in which the NRA operates, it is entirely understandable why they are working so hard at raising money. I'm glad they are.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    One more time

Simply email us at membership@nrahq.org or dial 800-NRA-3888 and request to be placed on the "Do Not Promote" list. This will significantly reduce the amount of mail you receive without affecting important mailings, magazine service, or your membership renewal."

https://www.nramemberservices.org/faq.asp

Took me all of 5 seconds to google the solution, not really difficult.

BTW, the NRA/ILA are the big dogs on the porch protecting our firearm rights.

Just imagine how much clout they would have if every gunowner belonged.

Wonder if you complain the same about all the trash mail you get everyday that you can not stop.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    It was the same for me the 1st eight months when joining the NRA but it eventually stopped. But the truth is I would rather be annoyed with junk mail or lots of email from them then have the feds tell me what firearms I can and can't own and how many rounds I can have in my magazines to defend myself.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I constantly see these threads about the NRA sending people multiple requests for money. In all the years that I have been a NRA member I have never experienced this behavior from the NRA.

I don't doubt that people are getting the requests, I just wonder what is the criteria the NRA is using to target people. I usually get a two year term membership, in the last two years aside from the normal emails from the NRA I have received one mailing. It was a reminder that my membership is about to expire and an opportunity to renew. So I am wondering those that receive these mailings from the NRA, do you also receive a lot of junk mail from other sources?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    One more time

Took me all of 5 seconds to google the solution, not really difficult.

BTW, the NRA/ILA are the big dogs on the porch protecting our firearm rights.

Just imagine how much clout they would have if every gunowner belonged.

Wonder if you complain the same about all the trash mail you get everyday that you can not stop.

From the link I posted upthread.

In 2010 that wasn’t enough to cover expenses. In total, they spent $243.5 million, leaving a $15 million shortfall, at least that year, which was cushioned by assets of $37.5 million.

Where did all the money go? About $33 million went to salaries and wages (not including the top brass), $28 million went to advertising and promotions. By far the biggest items were membership outreach: $57 million for membership communications, $24 million for printing and shipping, $16 million for educational programs. Just about $10 million went to the NRA’s lobbying arm, the Institute for Legislative Action.

They're on the front lines of the battle for freedom alright.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't think I've ever gotten an email from the NRA requesting me for money. I do get mailings though. They don't bother me. If I'm in the mood, I check them out...if not they go straight into the garbage can when I get into the house.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    The ILA is the arm of the NRA that fights for our firearm rights. Its my understanding they only use interest on the principal to fund this fight.

Mayhap the NRA should hire a $20,000 a year lawyer to fight the fight. That would likely put a high class person in charge.

Maybe he could sell bricks of .22's at the local Fairfax, Va. fleamarket to bring in "a couple of bucks" to fund his living expenses in the D.C. area.

Sounds like a plan to me.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    I know they do good work and we need them.

I am a 1 year $35 member.

Before I spamed them I was getting an email almost every day.

I don't know what the content is on all of them because I stopped reading them.

Im not rich guy, far from it. Ive gotten 6 to 8 letters all asking for
    more money one way or another.

I guess $35 a year is not enough for em.

Ive joined other org's in the past but never got this.

Jimmy

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The ILA is the arm of the NRA that fights for our firearm rights. Its my understanding they only use interest on the principal to fund this fight.

Mayhap the NRA should hire a $20,000 a year lawyer to fight the fight. That would likely put a high class person in charge.

Maybe he could sell bricks of .22's at the local Fairfax, Va. fleamarket to bring in "a couple of bucks" to fund his living expenses in the D.C. area.

Sounds like a plan to me.

5 cents on the dollar goes to their supposed purpose.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    From the link I posted upthread.

In 2010 that wasn’t enough to cover expenses. In total, they spent $243.5 million, leaving a $15 million shortfall, at least that year, which was cushioned by assets of $37.5 million.

Where did all the money go? About $33 million went to salaries and wages (not including the top brass), $28 million went to advertising and promotions. By far the biggest items were membership outreach: $57 million for membership communications, $24 million for printing and shipping, $16 million for educational programs. Just about $10 million went to the NRA’s lobbying arm, the Institute for Legislative Action.

They're on the front lines of the battle for freedom alright.

Whether you wish to admit it or not, they are the big dog watching out for us.

Have little fear, the rest of us will carry you whether you wish it or not.:rockwoot:

Top Bottom