• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    I don't see the fatboy offered anymore. It's their high capacity model. I'm on the fence about the 3" model. They are not true 1911A1 as they don't have the normal barrel setup. I'm thinking more about the Glock 30SF, anyone know how it compares to the Glock 36?

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    I would have to say the Springfield XDS is my first choice. I also own a Glock 36 and I find that the XDS, from my personal experience, is more accurate and reliable. I have 1,200 rounds through the Springfield XDS without any issues. I have had some issues with the Glock 36. Never had any issues with any of my 7 other Glocks. Im not trying to bash Glocks in any way though. My primary carry gun is a Glock 30. I just find the XDS to be a verry accurate reliable gun with quite a bit of versitility when you put the 7 rd mag in.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I carry a Glock 30, kinda thick but is a really good carry. Its my life and my families, I CARRY A GLOCKS!!!

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I carried a PF9 for a year but wanted to stay with the .45 ACP that my M&P uses. I sold the PF9 and bought a XDs. The XDs is a bit heavier but is very similar in dimensions and shoots a lot better.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I am going to reach back into the past and say take a look at the Star PD. They are a compact 45acp with an aluminum frame. Very easy to carry.

Aluminum doesn't belong in a firearm frame, imo. Its low fatigue life means it WILL crack eventually. I'd like to see some endurance testing data before I ever bought an AL frame pistol.

JMO

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    Just picked up a Kahr PM45 off another member. Have not shot it yet, but it is definitely one of the smallest .45's available.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A Bersa Thunder in .45 is a nice gun. Not small, but there are really not many small .45s out there. The Bersa is about the same size as a Glock 36. A Glock 30 might be worth checking out. They are not much larger than the 36 and give you more options with what magazine to carry.

I had a Kimber Ultra in .45 and really liked it. Some say the small 1911s are trouble prone, but that Kimber worked for me. I have a RIA Compact which is slightly larger than the Kimber and definitely heavier, but it also works well.

Top Bottom