What's the most painful thing you've had to do to yourself?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Finishing up vacation in Gulf Shores and I developed two paronychias, one on each great toe. I felt them getting worse for a few days and just hoped they'd get better. Last night I dreamed about my toe pain and could barely walk this morning. Soo... I took out my 11-blade scalpel I keep in my bathroom kit and stabbed the edge of each toenail once to drain the pus. Youch. The first one hurt but I didn't know how badly it would hurt so it was easy to do. The second one took some time before I did it.

i'm guessing my experience is low on the list of things others have done to themselves. Anyone cut their arm off at the elbow to free themselves from a boulder in a desert or something cool?

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I smashed my thumb under and 80 lb pump housing, a short time later blood and pus under the nail was making my thumb thump so I put my thumb in the drill press vice so it wouldn't move and I drilled a 1/16 in hole to release the pressure.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I had a knot in the middle of my back from the time I was a little kid. Really small. About the size of a pea. Never caused any pain or anything. About a year ago it started hurting and growing. In a couple days time it suddenly got to be about the size of a baseball embedded into my back (seriously) before I decided to cut it open. Not only was it incredibly painful but it required a level of flexibility I didn't even know I had....oh and a lot of mirrors.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I zipped up carelessly while going comando.

But the most gross was pulling the jagged base of a broken beer bottle out of my base of my palm.

Deep and bloody. And cause a slight infection. It didnt hurt as bad as the afformentioned zip up.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Hit with a ricochet from a 45 ACP off a steel plate. FMJ. Pulled it out of my fat roll of my belly. Hid it from wife, who was a military nurse with combat experience. She saw it after 3 days, recognized it as a gunshot wound....................Then the real pain started.

Don

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Wednesday I cut my finger to the knuckle. I didn't realize how deep the cut was until yesterday after I got home from work. Knowing I was going to be working on the house we are going to sell all day today I had to stitch up the cut. I could have gone back to work to get anesthesia but I thought, what the heck, lets do this old school. I stitched up my finger without it and it was NOT fun. I'll try to post up pics later.

I have to admit, I felt a little like Rambo or other Hollywood action figures suturing myself up. BTW it was a continuous suture with 6-0 synthetic (cosmetic) suture I had on hand for facial lacerations. The next morning, my wife informs me of my to do list and lets just say it is VERY fortunate I didn't have an open wound(cut) for that.
    Once again it pays to be prepared, I just wish the anesthetic in my home kit wasn't 1.5 years past expiration.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Remove a 1.25 inch shrapnel of glass from my left hand because a bottle of RC Cola exploded in the middle
    of the summer because a stress crack was missed when it went through the bottler back in 1982 when I
    worked for the old now defunct Nehi Beverage in Indianapolis.

No one would come get me, so I was forced to drive my route truck back to 14th and Senate from 71st and
    Keystone.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Russian Roulette competition :laugh:

Still on injured reserve from 2010 Russian Roulette competition. I did receive rookie of the year award and most improved.

In all reality it was sitting upright after a month long coma and having my spine operated on directly after stomach surgery from sternum to groin. Pain was unbelievable.

Believe it or not I have a front vanity plate on my ford ranger that says "Russian Roulette Champ". Check out wild bill Bauer Russian roulette video.

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    nicked a mole right off my taint with some electric clippers.

Ah, why did I just feel sympathy pains on this.

pain-pain-ache-headache-smiley-emoticon-000336-large.gif

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    also - performed surgery on my toe, with nail clippers, to solve an ingrown nail issue. puked twice and i think i passed out somewhere in there.

thats all i can think off that was intentional or semi intentional. ****loads of accidents tho.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    also - performed surgery on my toe, with nail clippers, to solve an ingrown nail issue. puked twice and i think i passed out somewhere in there.

thats all i can think off that was intentional or semi intentional. ****loads of accidents tho.

Been there as well. It's both excruciating and disgusting

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Managed to push all my braces on each tooth through my lips and skin so that the metal was exposed on the outside.

Ripped my right nostril off. Had it glued back on by DR.

Handcuffed by a Rapala and large brown trout high in the Sierra Nevada mountains at 2am.

Ive got a gang of this painful stuff. ..

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Cut out several ingrown toenails with cuticle scissors. It's only painful at first then the pain goes away after I pour alcohol into it.

Top Bottom