whats the fastest anyone has broken a new gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    me: personal best about 10 hours after buying it :owned:

was working on the REALLY bad extractor fit on my new ruger mk3 i got today

broke clean in half when i was trying to squeeze the hook closer torwards the bolt face, MIM junk

guess if ruger cant do it right i cant either :dunno:

of course i have OCD and "cant leave well enough alone" disorder

good thing i can borrow the one from my 10/22 until my volquartsen exact edge extractor comes in later this week

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I bought a Para CCO with the LDA trigger and the power extractor when they first came out with it. After 148 rounds the power extractor broke into three pieces. Para fixed it and it has been 100% ever since.

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Can't mention ACTUAL experience around here with be labeled a HATER

Last edited:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Luckily I haven't broken anything yet.

I did have a screw come loose in my GSG-5P that I was able to fix with a little loctite.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Before the remodel at the Atterbury Range, I watched a guy bulge the receiver and chamber area his Model 70. He said it had the cases come out different than they went in on the first few rounds before it came apart. He had bought the rifle the night before and the guy behind the counter sold him 7mm RSAUM for his 7mm WSM. I think I still have one of the of the fired cases that he gave me.

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    5 Hours bought a Puma .357Lever Action took it to my brother's house shot a .38 Special out of it and thought the action was extremely rough. Took it home and field stripped it, found the bolt pin that holds the lever to the bolt had split the bottom of the bolt apart. It's still at Puma don't know when I will get it back.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    I had an RIA that turned into a paperweight after 5 rounds. I'm not sure what the amount of time was, but from the time I inserted the magazine, about 5 seconds.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    1 hour after purchase 30 seconds after first shot.

my buddy bought a brand new charter arms 357 stubby (against my recomendations) at a gun show. we drove straight to my house and started shooting and the 5th shot the barrel hit the target. the bullet made it out of the barrel and the barrel made it out of the frame. to clarify i dont remember what kind of ammo we were shooting but it was some form of fmj low power target factory ammo.

he called charter the next day and they said "we are sorry to hear that but there is nothing we can do beacuse its imposible to tell if you were shooting reloads or factory ammo.

then they sugested we call the ammo company wich he did and they said call charter. he ended up saying screw it and chalked it up to experience and was gratefull it didn't get someone hurt.

on a side note the charter (bulldog i believe) was pretty accurate for those first few shots

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    bought a skky 9mm broke half way through the first mag and it was brand spanking new so it took me about 15 seconds.

qwkdrwmgw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought a brand new taurus pt 22 at the Tipton Gun Show went straight home to shoot and the 2nd shoot the slide blew completely off the frame. I took it right back to the Gun Show and showed the dealer the grooves that held the slide were broken completely off the frame. He gave me a complete refund on it and I bought a Colt Gov. Pocketlite 380 which I now regret ever selling a few years back

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    im impressed, a couple of you guys are way better at breaking stuff than i am, but have you broken anything before you even shot it? ;)

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    I had just purchased the gun ,closed the case walked out the door when the bottom of the case broke sending a Smith and Wesson mod 19 to the ashalt. the crane had bent and wouldnt open up after that. I took it back in and the owner sent it off to a smith free at charge to me, so about 6 minutes or so.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    A Hesse HK-91 knock-off clone from day one, first shot on! That rifle would never do anything but fire single shot and jam every round! Worst firearm I ever owned by far! Sent it back to S.O.G. for an exchange! :twocents:

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    5 rounds through a firestar compact 45 before the slide stop broke and fell out.

Traded it off after fixing it.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    bought a brand new charles daly superior 2 12ga,loaded it,pulled the bolt back to load the chamber and when I hit the bolt release it "slam fired" and basically blew up in my hands...looked like someone tossed a mini grenade in the receiver,apparently the bolt wasnt even closed yet when the shell went off...was one of them "pat your body down to make sure your not full of holes" type deals,they said they had never heard of such a thing,sent it in for a new one but never got an explanation for what caused it to do that. never even fired the new one and sold it.

also broke one with the first shot out of a brand spanking new Remington SP-10,loaded it,pulled the trigger,then tried to pull it again and nothing happened..cracked the bolt and it had wedged itself in the receiver.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Bought a brand new Remington 700 Sendero SFII chambered in 7mm Remington Ultra Mag. Brought it home from sportsman's and sighted it in and shot it a little. Then I realized the stock was cracked where the sling stud is in the buttstock. I need to send it to Remington, but it sucks that I put about 40 rounds through it, those puppies ain't cheap!

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Drove from Allen County to Plainfield to pick up my new Beretta CX4 from Bob...
    Drove from Plainfield to Allen county with CX4...
    Walked through back door with a smile on my face, happy that I was holding the second CX4 sold in the state of Indiana.
    Field stripped to clean and lube so I could shoot the CX4.
    Upon field stripping I snapped the main spring guide in half without ever firing the 1st shot... ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! LOL!
    Pissed off I was... very pissed off.
    Called Beretta the next business day to order a new one. No problem says the nice lady at Beretta... However it will be a several month's before it arrive's due to a backlog. New gun, no spare parts in the U.S.
    Now I'm no longer pissed off... I am very bummed though.
    So........ I go out to the shop and a make a main spring guide out of aluminum cleaning rod material.
    The next day I'm happy because I'm shooting my CX4.
    I still have that homemade rod... and a couple of factory spares. LOL!

Top Bottom