• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    This ties into a though I've had for any decades. What if you could travel back to the Alamo with 100 Marine Recon soldiers kitted out with today's equipment, could they hold the Alamo? Assuming they could bring supporting supplies (ammo, first aid/trauma kits, mortars etc), could they hold the mexican army off until Houston could get the troops needed to defeat Santa Ana? Say.... 4 MaDuece's, 4 dedicated snipers etc.
    100??? I’d guess they could handle that like a normal day at work! When the four snipers start picking people off from 1000 yards they won’t know what’s going on!

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    100??? I’d guess they could handle that like a normal day at work! When the four snipers start picking people off from 1000 yards they won’t know what’s going on!
    I agree. I think 100 marines with modern equipment would finish off the battle before Houston got there.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    OIP.Xxv1mv--sAkbYQEd_ynWQgHaLN

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    I only ask because they may be facing as many as 6k Mexican soldiers and the old 16lb cannons they used could reach out 3500yds.
    Yeah, it's an interesting question. I may be overestimating the abilities of the marines, but I was thinking they would be able to avoid the cannon fire and that many of the Mexican soldiers would turn tail and run once they saw the fire power of the modern weapons.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yeah, it's an interesting question. I may be overestimating the abilities of the marines, but I was thinking they would be able to avoid the cannon fire and that many of the Mexican soldiers would turn tail and run once they saw the fire power of the modern weapons.
    Good point. A large portion of the Mexican army were conscripts. On top of that in the 10 days of the seige I would imagine they would partake in some night time raids etc.

BankShot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2020
    Clark County
    Good point. A large portion of the Mexican army were conscripts. On top of that in the 10 days of the seige I would imagine they would partake in some night time raids etc.
    Exactly, I think the marines equipped with night vision and modern weapons would have a great advantage over Mexican soldiers who would have no idea what hit them in the middle of the night. I have always really liked the 1980 movie The Final Countdown which proposes a similar question about a nuclear aircraft carrier going back to the time of the attack on Pearl Harbor. It also brings up the question of should they intervene or not. We really don't know how history would change if the Alamo had not fallen or if the attack on Perl Harbor would have been prevented.

BTW OP, sorry for hijacking the thread and going off topic so much.

Last edited:

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    This ties into a though I've had for any decades. What if you could travel back to the Alamo with 100 Marine Recon soldiers kitted out with today's equipment, could they hold the Alamo? Assuming they could bring supporting supplies (ammo, first aid/trauma kits, mortars etc), could they hold the mexican army off until Houston could get the troops needed to defeat Santa Ana? Say.... 4 MaDuece's, 4 dedicated snipers etc.
    You mean MARINE RECON MARINES?

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Go back tell them they need to build the wall because they will need it in 300yrs !
    Let’s go Brandon !!!!!

And bring as many AR’s and ammo as I could take ….

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Go back tell them they need to build the wall because they will need it in 300yrs !
    Let’s go Brandon !!!!!

And bring as many AR’s and ammo as I could take ….
    Yeah, I think the inhabitants I'd meet would need that right then and there for their immigrants. They'd be needing that wall in just 30 years, not 300.

Top Bottom