What would you do if someone degunned you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Unfortunately, I've heard of it happening to several people. Had it not happened to me onece I might not believe some officers are that dumb. I've experienced bad LEO situations a couple times and I certainly think the majority of them could use some [STRIKE]more[/STRIKE] training in these matters.

Not a fan of fixing, but in this instance, I think the correction might fit reality better.

I don't know what I'd do. As a mom, with eyes in the back of my head, it's rare that I don't know someone is behind me. Hard to imagine what sort of circumstances such an event would have. At the very least, I'd drop a foxtrot or six.

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    My knife is within reach of both of my hands so that I can maintain positive control of the firearm with one and grab a blade with the other. That is why I have always wondered how my situation would have ended had my buddy NOT been able to warn me before hand. What would happen in court in that case?

"You attacked an officer."

"No, I protected myself against what I deemed to be a threat because your "highly trained" officer didn't announce himself. " :n00b:

Depends if he was in uniform and whether or not he announced himself.

There was a thread not too long ago where a plain clothes officer was knocking on someone's car window and pointing a gun at a law abiding citizen, to me that's just crazy and dangerous!

The first word out of any plain clothes officers mouth should be "police" at least then you can evaluate your immediately reaction

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Not a fan of fixing, but in this instance, I think the correction might fit reality better.

I don't know what I'd do. As a mom, with eyes in the back of my head, it's rare that I don't know someone is behind me. Hard to imagine what sort of circumstances such an event would have. At the very least, I'd drop a foxtrot or six.
    Thanks. Indeed I have a VERY high SA as well and have learned the hard way why it's needed. But in this particular situation I was walking with friends in a "crowded" public event which was noisy so I could not hear foot steps, etc. I was younger and not as trained or experienced at the time, so indeed I made some mistakes as well. BUT, that's not an excuse for how the officer handled the situation.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Depends if he was in uniform and whether or not he announced himself.

There was a thread not too long ago where a plain clothes officer was knocking on someone's car window and pointing a gun at a law abiding citizen, to me that's just crazy and dangerous!

The first word out of any plain clothes officers mouth should be "police" at least then you can evaluate your immediately reaction
    He was uniformed, but I wouldn't have noticed this until after tha fact had I reacted as my back was to him. He did not announce himself in any way.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Of course in my situation, the media would have made me out to be a cop killer or some crazy person. :rolleyes:

I've also learned the hard way to not believe a dam thing the media tells you.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Note to self:

Take a weapons retention class.
    Take a force on force class.

Rewatch the following movies:
    Jean Claude VanDamme's kickboxing movies.
    Anything Chuck Norris.
    Anything Bruce Lee.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Note to self:

Take a weapons retention class.
    Take a force on force class.

Rewatch the following movies:
    Jean Claude VanDamme's kickboxing movies.
    Anything Chuck Norris.
    Anything Bruce Lee.

Jet Li in Lethal Weapon 4, fight scene in Danhy Glover's house.

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Can't say what I'd do either. I do tend to keep the inside of my forearm touching my weapon as I walk though. I like to think that if someone tries to grab my weapon, then at least they have to get past my arm and hope that I react quickly enough to press my arm down to prevent the unholstering of my weapon.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The last time someone attempted this, they ended up with a Broken Nose and a couple teeth that were loose. The time before that the individual got some broken fingers and a cold piece of Iron touching his neck...

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    All you guys should re-read the OP. He said that he was disarmed, the mag was dropped, and the pistol was put on a table.

I think that scenario is hilarious. I would do that to somebody just to see the look on their face. If you are disarmed like this, why do you think you can successfully retaliate in any way? You been beat, you want to be beat some more?

If you call the Police, they will be laughing at your sorry ass too.

If it can be done to you, you should not be OC' ing. That is my opinion.

Last edited:

marcum man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bourbon
    That kind of happened to me. My buddy came up from behind me and grabbed my pistol, and instantly he caught a elbow to the chin. He wasn't happy at all. Oh by the way it was.in my serpa so it didn't budge.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The last time someone attempted this, they ended up with a Broken Nose and a couple teeth that were loose. The time before that the individual got some broken fingers and a cold piece of Iron touching his neck...

Are you talking military or civilian world?

That kind of happened to me. My buddy came up from behind me and grabbed my pistol, and instantly he caught a elbow to the chin. He wasn't happy at all. Oh by the way it was.in my serpa so it didn't budge.

Your buddy deserved every bit of that elbow.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    If you had your hands full, and someone degunned you, took your mag out, and handed you back your ammo and set the gun on a table....

How would you react?

How should the POLICE react?

Are you justified in kicking some butt?

How would the police react to that? Would they say its OK because he went for your gun?

These are the questions swimming thru my head at the moment....

Was it a 5 year old girl?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

I was in the men's room at a restaurant, took off my sport jacket and hung it up, and unzipped myself to relieve my bladder at the urinal.

Some assclown that I didn't know (as opposed to the assclowns that I do know), came up behind me an put his hand on the grip. He instantly found an elbow to the bridge of the nose, a heel to the knee cap, and a forearm to the side of the neck.....at which point I tucked in and zipped up.

I don't use a public urinal anymore. I go right to the stall.

Top Bottom