• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lrwatson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    First Rifle

Mine was a Weatherby Mark XXII, with removable clip mags, not tube-fed, made in Italy. Very pretty, but not the deluxe model which had fancy forend and grip caps. That was about 45 years ago.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The "kids" rifle shared by my brother and I was a Marlin 60. (Colt556 - no jams. ;))

The first one of my own was a 7mm Model 93 Mauser.

Mine was a 1970 model so maybe that had something to do with it. My 2nd rifle was a Marlin M1 copy and it worked mo betta! :yesway:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Norinco SKS @21. Followed shortly thereafter by a Ruger 10/22 from Dicks. Recently pulled out the reciept from Galyans. $139.99 - and that was with the steel trigger group. Still have that gun - albeit in Bull barrel / hogue stock / ridiculous scope / bipod format.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    If we're talking about long guns then a single shot break open .410 was my very first at the ripe young age of 14. My first rifle was a Remington Model 788 in 22-250 cal.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    First I ever shot was a Marlin 60 and it treated me very well, though it was my dads. First rifle ever owned (was given to me) was my SKS. This too has been a great gun for me and I still enjoy shooting it to this day. First rifle I ever purchased, is my 10/22.

whitetrash

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    lebanon
    mine was a winchester 22. my father gave it to me at 9yrs old when i compleated 4-h shooting sports. first rifle i bought was a mosin nagant.

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    An M16-A2, handed to me by a Drill Sergeant at the beginning of basic training.

First rifle I bought, if that's what we're going for, was a 1903-A3 I bought a little while after high school.

Sounds like my story, except the first one I bought was a Universal Arms M-1 Carbine. I was stationed at Ft Huachuca AZ much to the chagrin of the local rattlesnakes. I'd give almost anything to have that one back.

Top Bottom