• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Glock 27. Bought used and carried for 2 years. Just recently retired it in favor of a CZ RAMI. It will sit in the back of the safe till I feel the need to take it out. Have thought about selling it, but I believe since it was my first I'll just hang on to it.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Ruger SR9. I bought it not long after they first came out and put about 600 or 700 rounds through it, all with 100% reliable function. I sold it for nearly what I paid for it and then turned around and bought a newer one from my cousin (exactly 50 rounds fired) for $50 bucks less than I received from the sale of the first one. I still have the newer one. Great guns!

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    The first handgun I ever owned came from my best friend the year we graduated from IU. I asked him for advice one day on where to pick up a 1911 without a shop taking advantage of me (I knew nothing about handguns). He laughed and said "right here" as he handed me an Auto Ordnance parkerized GI model 1911. He was about to move to New York City and said he couldn't take it there anyway. I gave him all the money in my wallet (only about 150$). The pistol was a wreck, not sure he'd ever cleaned or even oiled the thing. figured out how to field strip it and got it all cleaned and greased up. The first day I took it out to shoot it the front post popped off the frame. Had to find a gunsmith to restake a new one. I will always cherish that gun. It opened my eyes to collecting and target shooting (even got my wife involved). Years later, my friend is finally planning on leaving NYC, can't wait to get him a nice 1911 to replace the one he gave me and to teach him how to take care of it.

jhelm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 4, 2015
    Washington
    My first handgun was a colt delta elite a got for my 19th birthday. It was an awesome shooter but like a jackass, I traded it off for something stupid. It's the nuber one, top of the list gun I wish a had back.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    A NIB ($360) Colt Combat Commander .45 was the first I owned, however,my Uncle Sam gave me a .45 when I was just eighteen to go along with one of his M-60 Machine Guns I got to play with too.

Last edited:

dancrichy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I didn't get my first hand gun until I was 21. It was a glock model 22 in a .40 caliber. I still have it and it is one of my favorite guns. I hope to someday be able to pass it down.

98cirrus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Goshen
    It was about a week before leaving for college, 1975. I was a 17 year old who was raised watching Westerns like Shane, High Noon, and Winchester 73. My dad saw me admiring a spanking new Stainless Ruger Single Six. Before he bought it for me he discreetly asked me if there was anything I admired more than that one. I still have that one, along with the 22 magnum Cylinder.

paul24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Ruger SR9C. Looked and looked for the dark finish so it wouldn't show as easily when I carried it. Then I never carried it so could have gone with the SS slide after all.

Top Bottom